Rooting and Taking OTAs
Been thinking of using Towelroot to root my LG G2 from Verizon. A question comes to mind which my searching did not quite answer. Can I take future OTAs if I only root the phone, leaving the original ROM and Recovery on the phone? Thanks in advance for the help.
- 08-10-2014, 08:45 AM #2
- 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM #3
- 20 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting and Taking OTAs
I was rooted with towel root and the new update showed up for my phone. Downloaded it and then it told me that phone appeared to be rooted and updates are not available for rooted phones. I am on at&t. What can I do in order to get the update?
Posted via the Android Central App
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-07-2015, 02:23 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2015, 01:00 AM
- By Christopher Digiacomo in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 06:25 PM
- By Emile van Schijndel in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2014, 06:13 PM
- By kanesmith41 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2014, 07:36 AM