Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-13-2014 02:45 PM
7 replies
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ROM recommendations

I am a newbie to custom ROMs, I am looking for a ROM which will increase battery life and also let me remove bloatware, a new UI will be a bonus but so many of the custom ROMs I have come across have so many unnecessary bonus features. I am looking for any recommendations for a ROM?

Thanks

Default Re: ROM recommendations

SlimKat works really well on the G2 - I had that on my G2.
    Also try Phandroid Android. Mahdi ROM is also a big hit these days.

Honestly, without a lot if tweaking with the kernel, syncing, location settings, you won't beat the stock ROM easily work aftermarket ROM for battery life.

AICP and Beanstalk are very nice, but they are very feature heavy... As mentioned by the previous poster, Paranoid Android and SlimROM are very good and very "basic" Roms, as is CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Nexus 4 powered by Beanstalk ROM and Hellscore kernel
    ol chap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JozayG2 View Post
    I am a newbie to custom ROMs, I am looking for a ROM which will increase battery life and also let me remove bloatware, a new UI will be a bonus but so many of the custom ROMs I have come across have so many unnecessary bonus features. I am looking for any recommendations for a ROM?

Thanks
    Perhaps a entire ROM isn't needed for what you want, for battery life I recommend DU battery saver and it's lower CPU frequency mode or the xposed framework module (which I can't remember the name of) called "battery booster" has a yellow battery icon.

For the bloat ware you can get "root Uninstaller" from the Google play store which can remove any app (has a red trash can icon)

And for a new UI I recommend G2 tweaks box (there's two but both are good and can be used together) or perhaps xposed framework and gravity box [kk]

Posted via Android Central App

hi, I also have problems with my battery, I installed CPU spy and I realized that my g2 does not go into deep sleep, is there any application or service that uses excessively segment 300MHZ. I hope you can help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROM recommendations-1408815614286.jpg  

If you want that Google experience I would recommend Paranoid Android. If you're I looking for the LG spin on Android I'd go with Cloudy G3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    If you want that Google experience I would recommend Paranoid Android. If you're I looking for the LG spin on Android I'd go with Cloudy G3.

LG services are useful, I come from a Nexus and I want another experience. that of the port of g3 is very good, which is use.

Just thought I'd add to an old thread... I recently started running Beanstalk on my G2. It's quite impressive. Lots of nifty tweaks, most of the features of Slim or PA, and battery is great.
    Currently sitting at 12.5 hours off charger, 5 hours screen on time, 25‰ battery remaining. This is with no other tweaks to prolong battery, just using it as designed. My hats off to the dev.