Rooting My LG G2 ??

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I really need your help :-(

I've bought a Korean G2 and i was planning on rooting it. When i looked the person i bought it of has already rooted it on firmware 4.2.2.

I now want to update it to 4.4 and root it but this is where im stuck.

If i look in the "About Phone" menu it says this:

Android Version 4.2.2

Kernel version 3.4.0

Software version F320K 10i

But looking at all the stickers on the phone and box it says that the phone is a f320L.

What made me start investigating the model number is, when i connect the phone to the computer and load up lg pc suite software it says that the current firmware is F320K10 and that the update is F320L21V, so pc suite seems to be seeing the phone as a f320L (not K).

I could go ahead and update it and then root it with ioroot but it doesn't say that the F320L21V firmware is compatible.

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can update my phone to 4.4 and root it?

BTW im in the UK

Thanks guys ;)

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I really need your help :-(

I've bought a Korean G2 and i was planning on rooting it. When i looked the person i bought it of has already rooted it on firmware 4.2.2.

I now want to update it to 4.4 and root it but this is where im stuck.

If i look in the "About Phone" menu it says this:

Android Version 4.2.2

Kernel version 3.4.0

Software version F320K 10i

But looking at all the stickers on the phone and box it says that the phone is a f320L.

What made me start investigating the model number is, when i connect the phone to the computer and load up lg pc suite software it says that the current firmware is F320K10 and that the update is F320L21V, so pc suite seems to be seeing the phone as a f320L (not K).

I could go ahead and update it and then root it with ioroot but it doesn't say that the F320L21V firmware is compatible.

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can update my phone to 4.4 and root it?

BTW im in the UK

Thanks guys ;)

You can install something like CM11 or liquid or slim or aokp to get 4.4? do you want stock or custom?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the K/L/S variants are the same phone with different carrier branding, but the firmware is the key, if it says L stick with it... The LG tool will not load the wrong software.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You can install something like CM11 or liquid or slim or aokp to get 4.4? do you want stock or custom?
This is the Korean G2, actually quite different than the one the rest of the world has.... It has a smaller battery, different radios, and a micro SD slot. There is no CM ROM I have seen, nor most AOSP ROMs, but I think Cloudy ROMs support the F320x, and I believe there are some MIUI ports too. Not a lot of ROM options really.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This is the Korean G2, actually quite different than the one the rest of the world has.... It has a smaller battery, different radios, and a micro SD slot. There is no CM ROM I have seen, nor most AOSP ROMs, but I think Cloudy ROMs support the F320x, and I believe there are some MIUI ports too. Not a lot of ROM options really.

Sounds like theres alot of roms :) but does it have a custom recovery?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like theres alot of roms :) but does it have a custom recovery?
Yes... TWRP and maybe CM. I know a guy that had one, he tried cloudy and one or two others and had issues, although I can't remember what they were, so went back to stock. The phone has since been replaced, it wound up at the bottom of the Missouri River.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes... TWRP and maybe CM. I know a guy that has one, he tried cloudy and one or two others and had issues, although I can't remember what they were, so went back to stock. The phone has since been replaced, it would up at the bottom of the Missouri River.

oh cool :)

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow thanks for the replies guys ;)

You know I've been asking for help on other forums about this for over a week and haven't had one reply (even with me bumping the thread up) then i remembered this forum from a few years ago....lol

Last night i spent hours trying just put the F320L21V software on it even though I'm not sure it can even be rooted, but no software will update it.

I've tried the lg pc suite and the lg service tool but they download the update be then when they try and flash it to the phone they get to 2% then say there's an error and for me to remove the battery and try again but it still doesn't work.

From doing a bit of research it seem that although this phone is an L the person that had it before me has flashed the K software on the phone, and because of this the flash tools don't like the mismatched firmwares and fail at 2%.

I really don't know what to do now because not only am i unable to even update it to 4.4, i don't even know if ill be able to root it with the F320L21V software as ioroot doesn't list it.

On top of that im thinking if i do brick it in any way then therse no one on the internet that's willing to help with the Korean models :(

What do you guys think ?

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
oh yeah

As far as i know, the current recovery is stock and its on firmware F320K10 Android 4.2.2 that has been rooted.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
oh yeah

As far as i know, the current recovery is stock and its on firmware F320K10 Android 4.2.2 that has been rooted.
You should be able to download rashr and install TWRP and update this way :)?
Wow thanks for the replies guys ;)

You know I've been asking for help on other forums about this for over a week and haven't had one reply (even with me bumping the thread up) then i remembered this forum from a few years ago....lol

Last night i spent hours trying just put the F320L21V software on it even though I'm not sure it can even be rooted, but no software will update it.

I've tried the lg pc suite and the lg service tool but they download the update be then when they try and flash it to the phone they get to 2% then say there's an error and for me to remove the battery and try again but it still doesn't work.

From doing a bit of research it seem that although this phone is an L the person that had it before me has flashed the K software on the phone, and because of this the flash tools don't like the mismatched firmwares and fail at 2%.

I really don't know what to do now because not only am i unable to even update it to 4.4, i don't even know if ill be able to root it with the F320L21V software as ioroot doesn't list it.

On top of that im thinking if i do brick it in any way then therse no one on the internet that's willing to help with the Korean models :(

What do you guys think ?

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks i haven't heard of rashr, I'll look in to it now.

Once I have the recovery installed would it just be a case of putting them 4.4 firmware on an SD card and flashing it from recovery?

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just a couple more questions....

Am I right in holding the volume down button and the power button to get into recovery?

The reason I ask is because when I do it I just get a white screen with a load of Korean writing...lol

Also my phone is network unlocked.
Will I loose my unlock after flashing it...etc?

Again the reason I ask is because I read somewhere that it happened to someone and the replies were that there was a file he should have made a backup of.

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Its not going well guys :-(

I'm now trying to install recovery but I'm running in to problems even doing that.

First I tried using rashr and used twrp g2kor and all seemed to go well but when I told rashr to boot to recovery it just boots to a black screen(I can see a bit of a glow on the screen like its powered on). I've look around and I've found a few threads of people having the same problem but no one ever replies with a solution.

So I then tried to install CWM recovery by downloading the CWM-F320L package and running the flash-recovery.bat file but it says "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" and then reboots the phone to a black screen (maybe recovery).

I've run adb device from cmd and it all comes back ok.

Any ideas?

Also I think the reason the person I bought the phone off loaded the K version of the software and not the L version, is because the L version uses the correct bands in the uk and the L version doesn't.

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
A bit of progress :)

I managed to update the phone to 4.4 (LGF320KAT-00-V20f) using the TOT method and then used ioroot to root it, I then installed super user from the play store.

After doing all this I found that I should have updated it to 4.4.2......lol

Does anyone know where I can get the 4.4.2 TOT file for the F320K as I cant find it anywhere ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463