LG G2 or Xperia Z Ultra?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Both have the Snap800. The G2 "probably" has the better camera (no OIS or fanciness on the Ultra). The Ultra is water resistant. One is huge, the other is just big. LOL

Which would you go for? And why?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
What is it with Sony keep getting pushed aside. LOL. A few weeks ago or months it was 2nd now after LG'S G2 announcement it's now 4th on my list.

Obviously my pick is the G2, LG'S features got my attention.

SHIFT_note 8.0 lte

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
no horse in this race because i blew past the Z and the G2 doesnt suit me but I wanted to say to Bembol, wait until the Honami, then Sony will be back at the top of the list

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
no horse in this race because i blew past the Z and the G2 doesnt suit me but I wanted to say to Bembol, wait until the Honami, then Sony will be back at the top of the list

Agreed. An improved Ultra with a much better camera. Win-win.

LG G2 ftw! Not really sure why. What about the HTC One Max and Note 3?

The Note 3 will still be a in a slightly different category because of the Wacom digitizer and awesome stylus support.

The One Max will be interesting, to say the least. I wonder what else HTC might do besides just make it big.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
What is it with Sony keep getting pushed aside. LOL. A few weeks ago or months it was 2nd now after LG'S G2 announcement it's now 4th on my list.

Obviously my pick is the G2, LG'S features got my attention.

SHIFT_note 8.0 lte

Probably because they never release anything 'groundbreaking'.. they call it 'The best of sony' and then swiftly release another model that is 'The best of sony' ... then another, another etc etc etc....

They dilute their products so much people have no clue what to buy.

Example: When the Xperia T came out, it was the 'flagship' yet the Xperia V had multiple features on it that were vastly superior... So the flagship wasn't really the flagship!

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This phone should only be compared to the Sony Xperia i1 (Honami) since that's the only one that might be able to compete with it feature for feature.

Posted via Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
G2 for me.
OIS makes it better than any other device that I might be interested in.
The Sony is just tooooo big.
I need a phone, not a tablet or phablet.

ahfaii

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got one of these Ultras.

Works ultra fast (lovely thing for pdf/dwg viewing!)

Camera pixelates badly for such a large screen, no zoom.

Battery drains down to 2% within 12 hours (for me it was 3 hours of total talk time, 3 hours internet surfing, 2 hours of texting/whatsapp and the rest simply on standby)

SIM card slot went haywire within 2 days of usage (sometimes pickup signal, sometimes don't... VERY BAD)

Saw a lot of reviews saying the screen goes crazy... starting to get a little bit of that as well...

so yeah, I am gonna try to resell it to some second hand broker and get a G2 after 1 week :(

I regret selling my note II for this :~(

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LG G2 for me. I think the Z1 will be great, but I like LG.
the 24/192 sound is a big plus for me as well.

I'll probably end up with the G2, since knowing Sony it'll take 6 months for the Z1 to make it to the US.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles