Release date, carriers?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

Verizon will probably get it after everyone else. Just teasing. But most Android announcements are like that where they just tell you the quarter or season it's being released. I think Apple is the only one that announces their device and let you know the date it's going to be available for purchase at the same time. It's going to be released in Korea first then North America so let's keep an eye out for their release dates.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.

6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.

one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea: LG G2 launch: release date, specs and price announced | Know Your Mobile

So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon did tweet that it was coming, but not when.
I can wait. This is the phone I'm buying to replace my Droid Razr HD.

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.
one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea: LG G2 launch: release date, specs and price announced | Know Your Mobile

So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands

Edit: DL says 8 weeks, not 6 weeks.

Translation for Verizon customers: Every other carrier will have it within 4 weeks, but we're going to wait until the very last day of the 8th week to launch it because we're spiteful sons of bitches.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't think anyone has confirmed a specific release date. Just says in the coming weeks. I did see that Korea is getting very soon so I'd imagine a couple weeks at most after that is when it will start rolling out to the major markets.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just double the amount of time that everyone else gets this and then you will know the date that Verizon will.......

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm hearing Verizon and T-Mobile will get it first and it will be some time this summer. I'll try to find the report I got that from ASAP so no one thinks I'm just pulling things out of thin air.

Posted via Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Thought this was funny
ahy3erup.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.

Just had to say, love your avatar!! :)

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It's been confirmed launching in the UK late September for ?469. Anybody getting it over there? I think that the price is damn impressive personally.

Posted via Android Central App