Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Release date, carriers?

    Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    LG just said Q3. I'm guessing September.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
  3. #3  
    alphacc82's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    not sure how true it is, but I have read elsewhere today that it will be end of august
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon will probably get it after everyone else. Just teasing. But most Android announcements are like that where they just tell you the quarter or season it's being released. I think Apple is the only one that announces their device and let you know the date it's going to be available for purchase at the same time. It's going to be released in Korea first then North America so let's keep an eye out for their release dates.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  7. #7  
    NoNexus's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.
    one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea:

    So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands
    scorpiodsu likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Verizon did tweet that it was coming, but not when.
    I can wait. This is the phone I'm buying to replace my Droid Razr HD.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea:

    So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands
    Edit: DL says 8 weeks, not 6 weeks.

    Translation for Verizon customers: Every other carrier will have it within 4 weeks, but we're going to wait until the very last day of the 8th week to launch it because we're spiteful sons of bitches.
    Last edited by Jules_Winnfield; 08-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Thanked by:
    kikaha 
  10. #10  
    Alex Dobie's Avatar
    Android Central Europe Editor

    Posts
    197 Posts

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    O2 and Three confirmed for the UK. No specific release date yet.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Yeah I don't think anyone has confirmed a specific release date. Just says in the coming weeks. I did see that Korea is getting very soon so I'd imagine a couple weeks at most after that is when it will start rolling out to the major markets.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Just double the amount of time that everyone else gets this and then you will know the date that Verizon will.......
    paul-c likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.
    Agreed. Whenever I see the word 'Soon' in a phone or service announcement I want to slap someone in the face with a fish.
    karsdroid and jfoofoo like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    I'm hearing Verizon and T-Mobile will get it first and it will be some time this summer. I'll try to find the report I got that from ASAP so no one thinks I'm just pulling things out of thin air.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Thought this was funny

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    PhoneJunkie

    Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

    Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    karsdroid, kikaha and paisley99 like this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by DestinedtoGame View Post
    Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.

    Just had to say, love your avatar!!
    tech_head likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Haha why thank you =D Your kitty is very pretty!
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Verizon drops the ball on every phone launch except droid branded phones and the iPhone.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    It's been confirmed launching in the UK late September for 469. Anybody getting it over there? I think that the price is damn impressive personally.

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Seems like end of September is the general consensus.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    The sign up page went up today for Verizon. So one can only deduce that it will be out very soon =D
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  23. #23  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,039 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by DestinedtoGame View Post
    The sign up page went up today for Verizon. So one can only deduce that it will be out very soon =D
    This is very much just a guess, but on that page the phone shows a date of Thursday, October 3. Anyone think that is the release date? I sure hope we don't have to wait that long.

  24. #24  

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    This is very much just a guess, but on that page the phone shows a date of Thursday, October 3. Anyone think that is the release date? I sure hope we don't have to wait that long.

    I will say this true if the big one for the HTC One coming on September 5th is true. Outside of that, I don't get where people think these dates on these phones are true or not....
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  25. #25  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,039 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Release date, carriers?

    Quote Originally Posted by DestinedtoGame View Post
    I will say this true if the big one for the HTC One coming on September 5th is true. Outside of that, I don't get where people think these dates on these phones are true or not....
    I don't necessarily think it is or not. Just thought it could be some under the radar way of them sort of saying it. I was just throwing it out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can I buy the Play version and jump ship to another carrier?
    By mbfavreau in forum HTC One Google Edition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Pre-Release Review(s)
    By smithwithay in forum Motorola Droid Mini
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
  3. [FREE][GAME] Speed Math released
    By OctoberApps in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
  4. [GAME] [NEW RELEASE] Shoot The Fokkers
    By Rhys Owen in forum Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B