Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Release date, carriers?

Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Release date, carriers?

LG just said Q3. I'm guessing September.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

not sure how true it is, but I have read elsewhere today that it will be end of august
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just read on droid life within 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Do we know yet when Verizon and others carriers will be releasing it? I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.

Verizon will probably get it after everyone else. Just teasing. But most Android announcements are like that where they just tell you the quarter or season it's being released. I think Apple is the only one that announces their device and let you know the date it's going to be available for purchase at the same time. It's going to be released in Korea first then North America so let's keep an eye out for their release dates.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    6 weeks where? 6 weeks when it will be initially released? Because it's supposed to be released in Korea first then North America to follow. So I would guess 2-4 weeks after initial release overseas.
    one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea:

So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands
    scorpiodsu likes this.

Verizon did tweet that it was coming, but not when.
    I can wait. This is the phone I'm buying to replace my Droid Razr HD.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    one thing I had read is that the total launch is supposed to only last 6 weeks total through all 130 release points. This article states that it will roll out next week in Korea:

So within 8 weeks everyone should have it in their hands
    Edit: DL says 8 weeks, not 6 weeks.

Translation for Verizon customers: Every other carrier will have it within 4 weeks, but we're going to wait until the very last day of the 8th week to launch it because we're spiteful sons of bitches.
    Last edited by Jules_Winnfield; 08-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Thanked by:
    kikaha 
    Android Central Europe Editor

O2 and Three confirmed for the UK. No specific release date yet.
    Thanked by:

Yeah I don't think anyone has confirmed a specific release date. Just says in the coming weeks. I did see that Korea is getting very soon so I'd imagine a couple weeks at most after that is when it will start rolling out to the major markets.

Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!

Just double the amount of time that everyone else gets this and then you will know the date that Verizon will.......
    paul-c likes this.

I think it's dumb when a phone is announced, But no release date.
    Agreed. Whenever I see the word 'Soon' in a phone or service announcement I want to slap someone in the face with a fish.
    karsdroid and jfoofoo like this.

I'm hearing Verizon and T-Mobile will get it first and it will be some time this summer. I'll try to find the report I got that from ASAP so no one thinks I'm just pulling things out of thin air.

Posted via Android Central App

Thought this was funny

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    karsdroid, kikaha and paisley99 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinedtoGame View Post
    Verizon really dropped the ball with the HTC One. The big thing is that Verizon never said they were going to carry the One when it was launched. Granted of course they did mess up with the One once they officially tweeted they would sell it. I think this time, showing that they are going to carry it on the day the device was launched gives better hope they will sell it around the same time as everyone else. Kinda like the Samsung Galaxy S IV.

Just had to say, love your avatar!!
    tech_head likes this.

Haha why thank you =D Your kitty is very pretty!
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Verizon drops the ball on every phone launch except droid branded phones and the iPhone.

It's been confirmed launching in the UK late September for 469. Anybody getting it over there? I think that the price is damn impressive personally.

Posted via Android Central App

Seems like end of September is the general consensus.

The sign up page went up today for Verizon. So one can only deduce that it will be out very soon =D

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The sign up page went up today for Verizon. So one can only deduce that it will be out very soon =D
    This is very much just a guess, but on that page the phone shows a date of Thursday, October 3. Anyone think that is the release date? I sure hope we don't have to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    This is very much just a guess, but on that page the phone shows a date of Thursday, October 3. Anyone think that is the release date? I sure hope we don't have to wait that long.

I will say this true if the big one for the HTC One coming on September 5th is true. Outside of that, I don't get where people think these dates on these phones are true or not....

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will say this true if the big one for the HTC One coming on September 5th is true. Outside of that, I don't get where people think these dates on these phones are true or not....
    I don't necessarily think it is or not. Just thought it could be some under the radar way of them sort of saying it. I was just throwing it out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast