Does the LG G2 have a notification LED?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all. I relly heavily On the notification LED on my Razr Max, so would like my next phone to have One as well.

Posted via Android Central App

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't, consider trying the NoLed app. Works great, and in some respects, I like it better than an LED, even with Lightflow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No LED is good for Amoled screens, but not LCD. LCD has to have the full screen light even if only a portion is being used, so it impacts battery life signicantly. AMOLED screens are good for something like No LED as the only part of the screen that will light is the colored portion.

Darn. I wanted this phone with the other specs, but really have to have a Notification LED.
Guess I am down to HTC or Samsung phones since Moto also eliminated the LED.
Since I don't like th HTC One low megapixels, I am down to Samsung.
Guess I will wait for my contract to be up and see what is out next year.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. I relly heavily On the notification LED on my Razr Max, so would like my next phone to have One as well.

Posted via Android Central App

It has one, but its built into the power button. (Like on the att optimus g)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
No LED is good for Amoled screens, but not LCD. LCD has to have the full screen light even if only a portion is being used, so it impacts battery life signicantly. AMOLED screens are good for something like No LED as the only part of the screen that will light is the colored portion.

Darn. I wanted this phone with the other specs, but really have to have a Notification LED.
Guess I am down to HTC or Samsung phones since Moto also eliminated the LED.
Since I don't like th HTC One low megapixels, I am down to Samsung.
Guess I will wait for my contract to be up and see what is out next year.

Don't get caught up in megapixels unless you intend to significantly crop your images. A 1080P monitor is 1920 X 1080, or 2MP. The 4MP on the HTC One are plenty for anything you should want to do with a point and shoot camera. I have some beautiful 8 X 10 prints hanging on my wall made from a 6MP DSLR, and I've seen larger prints from 6MP that looked good as well.. My current DSLR is 24MP, but not because I wanted it to be. I bought it for the sensor, which grabs more light than the other cameras I was looking at. I'd have been happy if it was 12MP. If you want to judge the camera, go in and take some pics with it. I took some test shots with a Galaxy S4 with its 13MP camera in a very well lit Best Buy, and I thought the images looked like crap. Way too much noise for such a bright area. I haven't taken any test shots with an HTC One. I might hate it too, but I'm not going to pass judgment on it before I test it. Personally, I don't care what the cellphone camera is like. I care more about other features of my phone, but for those that do, don't judge it based on MP.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The 4MP on the HTC One are plenty for anything you should want to do with a point and shoot camera.

Having had the HTC One I would disagree. The One does a great job (for a camera on a phone) unless you need to use zoom. The MP count just is not there to support digital zoom. The standard I have set here is pretty low. I was simply looking to have pictures that were usable online from those moments when the phone is the only camera I have on me.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Having had the HTC One I would disagree. The One does a great job (for a camera on a phone) unless you need to use zoom. The MP count just is not there to support digital zoom. The standard I have set here is pretty low. I was simply looking to have pictures that were usable online from those moments when the phone is the only camera I have on me.

Digital zoom is the same as cropping. I don't use digital zoom. I use my feet. If you do use it, more MP would be useful.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Under no circumstances should you ever use digital zoom. (Unless you have a phone like the Lumia 1020) Using it is guaranteed to ruin any pictures you take with it.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Under no circumstances should you ever use digital zoom. (Unless you have a phone like the Lumia 1020) Using it is guaranteed to ruin any pictures you take with it.

That's the first thing I thought about when I heard of the 1020. It will at least have an acceptable digital zoom. I can't imagine wanting that many pixels in a point and shoot. Neither Canon, Nikon, or Sony have DSLR cameras that go that high. You'd have to get a digital medium format or specialty camera to get that many MP.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's the first thing I thought about when I heard of the 1020. It will at least have an acceptable digital zoom. I can't imagine wanting that many pixels in a point and shoot. Neither Canon, Nikon, or Sony have DSLR cameras that go that high. You'd have to get a digital medium format or specialty camera to get that many MP.

Well, they only have that many specifically to allow for digital zoom and oversampling, which basically hasn't been possible in phones until now.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you can turn the back LED notification light off. I put my phone face down to sleep and don't need a LED blinking at my, I need as much beauty sleep that I can get LOL.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The LG interface looks quite customizable, you can even play around with the system buttons:

LG G2 hands-on | Engadget - YouTube

Looking more closely at the system buttons customization, I'm slightly disappointed. It looks like you can choose between various 3 and 4 button layouts, but the 4th button is going to be either Q Memo or the notification shade. The other three will always be Home, Back, and Menu. What I'd like is an option to get at the Android task manager.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Looking more closely at the system buttons customization, I'm slightly disappointed. It looks like you can choose between various 3 and 4 button layouts, but the 4th button is going to be either Q Memo or the notification shade. The other three will always be Home, Back, and Menu. What I'd like is an option to get at the Android task manager.
I'm hoping ROOT will come along quick. I want the same thing, with a transparent background. I also want to get rid of those quick apps in the notification bar.