LG's radios and HotSpot apps?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The last LG phone I owned was a flip phones years ago so I have no idea how good the radios are on the LG Smartphones.

Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and truly I love the phone and since I got it on release date I have not had any major problems with it. But the battery down right sucks and the radios are not great! I thought about the S4 when it came out but pretty much hearing the same about its radios too.

So people who have had LG phones what do y'all think about the radios? I hear Moto's are the best but really loving everything on this G2.

One more question, right now I use the SVTP app to turn my phone into a Hotspot without paying the monthly fee. Have also seen people mention FoxFi a lot to do the same (both without root). Anybody know if LG supports these two apps? Or any other app that can do the same thing?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The last LG phone I owned was a flip phones years ago so I have no idea how good the radios are on the LG Smartphones.

Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and truly I love the phone and since I got it on release date I have not had any major problems with it. But the battery down right sucks and the radios are not great! I thought about the S4 when it came out but pretty much hearing the same about its radios too.

So people who have had LG phones what do y'all think about the radios? I hear Moto's are the best but really loving everything on this G2.

One more question, right now I use the SVTP app to turn my phone into a Hotspot without paying the monthly fee. Have also seen people mention FoxFi a lot to do the same (both without root). Anybody know if LG supports these two apps? Or any other app that can do the same thing?

I had an LG optimis V nearly everything about the phone sucked, but the radios where the best I ever had in a phone,I would think the same for the G2

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I had an LG optimis V nearly everything about the phone sucked, but the radios where the best I ever had in a phone,I would think the same for the G2

So you think everything about the G2 will suck but the radios?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is that really what you got out of that response? I mean... Really?

#HOLOYOLO

Not really, but you have to admit that was all just one sentence and it wasn't very clear. So I reply like I was taking it literally just how it was written.

Good to know about the radios, I'm really looking forward to trying out and hopefully getting the phone.

Tapatalk mofo

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on which carrier you're on. But I can confirm for CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) based carriers, LG excels in network performance. As for hotspot access, you'll likely have to root to get it working. We'll see though.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that but the V was a pre paid antique low end android phone, I am sure the G2 will be an all around great phone

It's all good, just wanted to be clear about it. Thanks for the info.

wooddale

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a RAZR Maxx HD and a Note if the radios on the G2 are as good as the RAZR I'm going to Verizon tomorrow lol. Seriously I am going tomorrow was gonna ck it and Droid X out I know the radios on the X are good but the G2 is a much nicer phone.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine's on T-Mobile and so far its reception has been excellent. I get better speeds at home and work than I did on my HTC One, and the other night I was out at dinner and the other person had a Nexus 4. He had two bars of service and could barely get any bandwidth but I had 3 bars of LTE and everything was flying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member