Verizon G2 Goes On Sale September 12th!

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
This is my main concern as well. I love the battery life on my RMHD and really don't want to settle for less. I love the specs of the G2, but if the battery doesn't measure up I'll probably return it for the Maxx. I'm hoping that with more efficient processors and all that it will have good life. I guess I'll know in a few weeks.

I'm sure the phone will last a day easily with medium usage. Medium usage being taking some calls, texting, browsing the web for an hour or two. I don't think the screen increase is going to be a huge battery drain with a 3000 mah battery vs the g2.

If someone who is worried about 400 mah not being enough, do you really think 500 mah is going to be enough if you don't like the g2's battery? What's that equate to about 30 minutes more of onscreen time? maybe an hour.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the phone will last a day easily with medium usage. Medium usage being taking some calls, texting, browsing the web for an hour or two. I don't think the screen increase is going to be a huge battery drain with a 3000 mah battery vs the g2.

If someone who is worried about 400 mah not being enough, do you really think 500 mah is going to be enough if you don't like the g2's battery? What's that equate to about 30 minutes more of onscreen time? maybe an hour.

For my Razr Maxx HD by the end of the day what I would call a typical day I'm usually down around 60 percent or so. Today I took it off the charger around 9 a.m.. Now 1 a.m. And I am at 66 percent with mild to moderate use. Sometimes I might get to 50 percent. But generally have a lot of battery left by the end of the day and I like having that buffer 4 times when I go on vacation and am not near a charger all day.

Although the difference in size of the battery between the g2 and droid Maxx is only technically 500, the
3000mAh G2 is rated at 28 hours
3300mAh RMHD 31 hours
3500mAh Droid Maxx rated at 48 hours.

So there is obviously a lot more to it than just the size of the battery for the extra 500mAh to add 20 hours.

Sent from my RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember the G2 being called an international phone.
The Verizon version will probably only have Verizon compatible radios.

I don't remember it being called a world phone either but I thought that I had seen somewhere that it had a GSM antenna also. Although now I can't find that information. That might change my thoughts on the phone and whether I get it or the Droid Maxx that I think does have a GSM antenna as well. Granted I am only out of the country once or twice a year so maybe I shouldn't let that be a deciding factor for the other 345 days of the year.

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember it being called a world phone either but I thought that I had seen somewhere that it had a GSM antenna also. Although now I can't find that information. That might change my thoughts on the phone and whether I get it or the Droid Maxx that I think does have a GSM antenna as well. Granted I am only out of the country once or twice a year so maybe I shouldn't let that be a deciding factor for the other 345 days of the year.

Pretty much all of the devices you buy will have access to the voice enabled bands of other carriers, to maximize the availability for emergency calls. However, it's unlikely the Verizon model supports At&ts 4G LTE network, or even hspa+. It might, but I'd have to look at the FCC document to see which bands it supports.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much all of the devices you buy will have access to the voice enabled bands of other carriers, to maximize the availability for emergency calls. However, it's unlikely the Verizon model supports At&ts 4G LTE network, or even hspa+. It might, but I'd have to look at the FCC document to see which bands it supports.

I just want it to have GSM so it will work in Europe.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I don't want a phone that lasts a day with medium usage, I want a phone that lasts all day based on my usage. That means I can either swap a battery or get a quick charge into it, but relying on a 3000mAh battery to last all day is not a good enough answer.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Wireless LG G2 Specification:

Color:Black
Dimensions:138.5 X 70.9 X 9.33 mm
Weight with Standard Battery:146g
Operating System:Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Baen MR 1)
CPU: 2.3GHz Quad Core MSM8974 (AP and CP)
Main Screen: TFT LCD (5.2 Inch, 1920X1080, Full HD)
Battery: Li-lon Polymer 3000mAh
Main Camera:13M OIS, SONY(1/3.06″) BSI
Sub Camera:2.4M Sony 1_6.9 FHD
Internal memory : 32 GB EMMC, 16Gb LPDDR3 (2GB RAM)
External Memory : Not sdcard slot
GPS Receiver: A-GPS
PC Sync:N/A , Use the VZW AutoRun
Bluetooth: Ver 4.0
FM radio:No

Attachments

• verizon-lg-g2-vs980-300x264.jpg
    verizon-lg-g2-vs980-300x264.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 339

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't want a phone that lasts a day with medium usage, I want a phone that lasts all day based on my usage. That means I can either swap a battery or get a quick charge into it, but relying on a 3000mAh battery to last all day is not a good enough answer.

I personally don't have this issue. And if i really needed something on the fly I would use a juice pak to recharge my phone. Several times if needed.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hope this is true. I don't think this site's ever been correct with release date rumors. Also, the LG G2X was probably the worst android phone I have ever used. I hope LG stepped up their game. =/

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't have this issue. And if i really needed something on the fly I would use a juice pak to recharge my phone. Several times if needed.

I am glad it works for you, but for me it doesn't. I am not interested in being limited, I want the full effect on my hardware.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I really really wish this had a MicroSD slot. With all LG's hype on the high quality 24-bit DAC, its a bit sad to see I can't load my FLAC library onto it.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I really really wish this had a MicroSD slot. With all LG's hype on the high quality 24-bit DAC, its a bit sad to see I can't load my FLAC library onto it.

Load the mp3. Unless you're rocking high end gear (amp and phones) you will hardly if any, notice a difference. Even then it would probably be more wise to invest in an external dac/amp combo.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Load the mp3. Unless you're rocking high end gear (amp and phones) you will hardly if any, notice a difference. Even then it would probably be more wise to invest in an external dac/amp combo.
The DAC's that make it into Android phones have been generally pretty abysmal, I just wish they wouldn't kill MicroSD with the inclusion of such a feature. Also, like the S3/S4, the LG may be able to connect via USB to a portable headphone amplifier. ;)

I can hear the quality difference on my COWON with my Audio-Technica headphones...I haven't bought an amplifier yet, but am considering it. I just recently have been reading more about bitrates and its a bit frustrating to know that FLAC rips of music I like is probably sitting in a production studio hard drive at full 24-bit and the best I get is CD. Where the crap is the 'premium 24-bit' online store?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The DAC's that make it into Android phones have been generally pretty abysmal, I just wish they wouldn't kill MicroSD with the inclusion of such a feature. Also, like the S3/S4, the LG may be able to connect via USB to a portable headphone amplifier. ;)

I can hear the quality difference on my COWON with my Audio-Technica headphones...I haven't bought an amplifier yet, but am considering it. I just recently have been reading more about bitrates and its a bit frustrating to know that FLAC rips of music I like is probably sitting in a production studio hard drive at full 24-bit and the best I get is CD. Where the crap is the 'premium 24-bit' online store?

A little OT here, but how do you like your Cowon? I've been looking at those over the past few days trying to figure out if it will give me better sound quality in my car than my ipod is. Which one do you have?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
A little OT here, but how do you like your Cowon? I've been looking at those over the past few days trying to figure out if it will give me better sound quality in my car than my ipod is. Which one do you have?
I have a COWON C2. It supports MicroSD and sounds phenomenal. I have a pair of Audio Technica M50's.

I did a demo test with well known to me track (Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over concert). I compared a FLAC version on the C2 vs a RAZR HD and the difference was huge. Then I compared a 320kbps MP3 version on the C2 vs a 2nd Gen iPod Touch (which happens to have a Wolfson DAC) and the difference was very slight. Finally, I compared the MP3 to a FLAC and the difference was again slight, but noticeable.

If you have a quality pair of headphones or a nice home theater or a very nice car audio system it'd you'd hear a difference. I use a iPOD in my car because I have a mount for it and its easy to use. The COWON C2 has a resistive touch screen and I'm not going to mess with it in the car. I listen to the COWON exclusively with my headphones. If you bought an Android COWON, it might be worth it.

If the LG G2 has a high quality 24 bit DAC, you probably won't need a COWON.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol