Verizon G2 Goes On Sale September 12th!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a COWON C2. It supports MicroSD and sounds phenomenal. I have a pair of Audio Technica M50's.

I did a demo test with well known to me track (Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over concert). I compared a FLAC version on the C2 vs a RAZR HD and the difference was huge. Then I compared a 320kbps MP3 version on the C2 vs a 2nd Gen iPod Touch (which happens to have a Wolfson DAC) and the difference was very slight. Finally, I compared the MP3 to a FLAC and the difference was again slight, but noticeable.

If you have a quality pair of headphones or a nice home theater or a very nice car audio system it'd you'd hear a difference. I use a iPOD in my car because I have a mount for it and its easy to use. The COWON C2 has a resistive touch screen and I'm not going to mess with it in the car. I listen to the COWON exclusively with my headphones. If you bought an Android COWON, it might be worth it.

If the LG G2 has a high quality 24 bit DAC, you probably won't need a COWON.

Thanks for the reply. I'd pretty much be using is almost completely in my car. I have the stock, but upgraded stereo in my car FWIW. It is on the list of approved devices so it should work ok.

I'm just trying to figure out if the expense of getting it, re-ripping all of my cd's into FLAC, downloading FLAC files from places, etc is actually going to make enough of a difference compared to the 320 or apple lossless files on my 4th gen iPod Nano that I have now to make it worth it. And also not having the ease of iTunes. Are the 7th gen iPods much better?

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'd pretty much be using is almost completely in my car. I have the stock, but upgraded stereo in my car FWIW. It is on the list of approved devices so it should work ok.

I'm just trying to figure out if the expense of getting it, re-ripping all of my cd's into FLAC, downloading FLAC files from places, etc is actually going to make enough of a difference compared to the 320 or apple lossless files on my 4th gen iPod Nano that I have now to make it worth it. And also not having the ease of iTunes. Are the 7th gen iPods much better?

That really depends on you.
Some people can hear a difference between a good high bit-rate mp3 and flac and some can't.
What you should do is a A-B test.
Take a couple of songs you like a lot.
Rip them to mp3 and flac and then see if you can hear a difference.
If you can hear a difference then switch to flac. If you can't hear a difference then stay with mp3.

If you want something in between the two you could also try ogg vorbis @ 350 to 500 kbps (Q 9 - Q10).
Smaller than flac but better than mp3 (IMHO).

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Wtf and I don't mean "well that's fantastic" Verizon has already gave a pre-order date for the note III and the G2 is still listed as just coming soon.

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish someone either Verizon or ATT (preferably ATT since that's who I have) would post when this thing is going to be released

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
maybe it'll be a surprise like the one... didn't that thing just randomly come out? lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I think the LG will be much better on battery. My LG OGP had amazing battery life. Could make it thru 2 days on one charge with light use: texting a lot, little web browsing, checking FB, G+, Twitter etc several times a day.

LG gets a WAY better signal (AT&T) than the S4 did. a Strong, solid connect has to help some on battery.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to get my hands on this device. Out of all the phones I have seen on the market, this is still my Fav. To say that the Z1, S4, Note 3, HTC1, etc are better is just owner justification. ALL of these phones, including iPhone, are all awesome. LG makes a great phone with very good sound (incoming and outgoing), a rock solid signal, and great, lag-free software.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have never bought into that being the reasoning. Verizon likes to jerk our chains and move product launches at their whim. Every other carrier can and does announce launch dates on new products. Apple strictly controls the launch date and the carriers simply take it. Verizon wants users to buy what they have in stock today and not wait for tomorrows new toy. The fact that its launching a day before AT&T is shocking as it is.

Or...
Apple simply doesn't announce the phone at all until they have stock moving towards every carrier's store.
If you think the carriers just take it, you probably have one thing backwards in your mind. When a delay happens for Verizon's iPhone, Apple tells the rest of the carriers that they have to delay their launch dates. As long as Apple keeps all the behind the scenes completely secret, you get to believe it goes down any way you prefer.

dazedniteman

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to watch reviews online and the more I watch, the more excited I am getting. I just purchased the HTC One for Verizon from Costco (90 day device exchange period FTW!) and plan on exchanging for this phone once released.

Phone Arena comparison b/w HTC One and LG G2: LG G2 vs HTC One - YouTube I'm going to be very happy if the G2 really does have as good of a camera, battery, and screen as they are saying. Coming from a GNex and now an HTC One (which I am very happy with and really like), I can't wait!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Verizon confirmed today that launch is Sept 12th and price on the contract is $199. I was surprised by the contract price, was expecting $299. That is a lot of specs for $199!! Can't wait!

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Verizon confirmed today that launch is Sept 12th and price on the contract is $199. I was surprised by the contract price, was expecting $299. That is a lot of specs for $199!! Can't wait!

I was expecting it to be $299 on contract as well with all that it's bringing to the table. So that means it should be $599 retail right?

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to watch reviews online and the more I watch, the more excited I am getting. I just purchased the HTC One for Verizon from Costco (90 day device exchange period FTW!) and plan on exchanging for this phone once released.

Phone Arena comparison b/w HTC One and LG G2: I'm going to be very happy if the G2 really does have as good of a camera, battery, and screen as they are saying. Coming from a GNex and now an HTC One (which I am very happy with and really like), I can't wait!

Nice comparisons. The G2 screen looked a little hazy in comparison to the HTC in the video, but that might be the vid camera. In any case the choice is lear for me. G2 all the way!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Good videos. They need to do a comparison between the G2 and the Droid Maxx since those are the 2 NEW phones out.

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am really wanting to pick this phone up in white. I really hope Verizon carries both colors. Has anyone heard any news on this? I keep striking out in my searches.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am really wanting to pick this phone up in white. I really hope Verizon carries both colors. Has anyone heard any news on this? I keep striking out in my searches.

Me too. I'm kind of sick of black phones. I just wish it had a matte white finish like the Moto X does so it wouldn't show all the finger prints. I don't know how these companies don't see this in the first 2 minutes of handling it and say, gee, what can we do about that? Same with Apple and the mirrored finish on the early iPhones.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
here we go again. AT&T already shipping and Verizon gets, well, nothing . . . . :(

Verizon said all along Sept 12th so I don't know why you are trying to make a big deal out of it? Besides it's less then 7 days away.

Tapatalk mofo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol