Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Verizon G2 Goes On Sale September 12th!

LG G2 to arrive in the U.S. by mid-September | Android Central

I can't believe we got a date this soon.
    September 12th for Verizon & September 13th for At&T.

As long as Verizon carries the 32GB version I know what my next phone is gonna be.

Default Re: Verizon G2 Goes On Sale September 12th!

Awesome news. Hopefully my beloved Sprint variant comes out around that time. I'm ready to try out this bad boy.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its about time they gave us a release date.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I want to so much upgrade my HTC Rezound. Was considering the HTC One or Droid Maxx. May just wait a few more weeks and checkout the G2. I will need a phone with at least 32GB if there is no microSD card slot.

I wonder how much the off contract price will be? I need to preserve my unlimited plan.
    HTC One
    Google Nexus 4
    Google Nexus 7
    ianmorris75 likes this.

I really believe this will be my next device. I won't hold my breath for Verizon to release the MotoNexus. That would be about the only way to keep me from getting this phone. Really wish we had an insider to give us Verizon guys some hope on holding out though...

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The fact that we are hearing about the release date so quickly AND that Verizon is getting it BEFORE AT&T gets it is amazing. This I hope is a changing of the guard and Verizon is going from dead last to first or at least middle of the release party window. Rumors are GN3 will release also mid to late September and Verizon could be first.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    The fact that we are hearing about the release date so quickly AND that Verizon is getting it BEFORE AT&T gets it is amazing. This I hope is a changing of the guard and Verizon is going from dead last to first or at least middle of the release party window. Rumors are GN3 will release also mid to late September and Verizon could be first.
    Are you kidding?? I felt like it was taking forever!! I thought they should have announced the release date at the debut. I've been going crazy waiting to hear when it was coming out.
    reeper55 and anuraj1 like this.

I am definitely getting this phone but I am pretty sure Verizon prices it at $299 on contract and that sucks!
    HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Are you kidding?? I felt like it was taking forever!! I thought they should have announced the release date at the debut. I've been going crazy waiting to hear when it was coming out.
    I will never understand Verizon's reasoning behind holding back on release date info. It's not like they don't know when the phone is coming, or that they have negotiated far in advance on adding the phone, getting it tested etc. They just like to make a "big production" out of the network testing thing but really its all about the bootloader and making sure its locked up better than their daughters on prom night.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sheba510 View Post
    I want to so much upgrade my HTC Rezound. Was considering the HTC One or Droid Maxx. May just wait a few more weeks and checkout the G2. I will need a phone with at least 32GB if there is no microSD card slot.
    I agree, does anyone know how much storage the Verizon version will have?

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

im looking forward to the lg g2 on vzw as I just sold my s4 {mostly cause of battery life} and im nervous that the g2 although it has a battery 400mah larger than the s4 it wont be enough. I had every Sammy feature turned off and screen to auto on s4 and was barely squeezing thru 8 to 10 hr work day medium use. and with the g2 bigger screen and faster processor im wondering if id just be better going with the maxx even tho I wasn't to impressed with the form factor when I held it in the store. anyone else worried bout the g2 battery??

Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    I am definitely getting this phone but I am pretty sure Verizon prices it at $299 on contract and that sucks!
    As long as it is the 32gb version I'm ok with that price. Has anyone heard if it will be the 32gb or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I will never understand Verizon's reasoning behind holding back on release date info. It's not like they don't know when the phone is coming, or that they have negotiated far in advance on adding the phone, getting it tested etc. They just like to make a "big production" out of the network testing thing but really its all about the bootloader and making sure its locked up better than their daughters on prom night.
    I think they do that to be on the safe side. Most big orders like that run into issues and delays happen. When delays happen, people get upset so Verizon is likely just avoiding that potential situation.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmandrews7 View Post
    As long as it is the 32gb version I'm ok with that price. Has anyone heard if it will be the 32gb or not?
    I would like to think that they wouldn't be stupid enough to only carry the 16GB version but they only have the 16GB version of the Motorola...soooooooo...............................

I really wish we knew the configs and off contract pricing on these.......

Quote Originally Posted by sox08 View Post
    im looking forward to the lg g2 on vzw as I just sold my s4 {mostly cause of battery life} and im nervous that the g2 although it has a battery 400mah larger than the s4 it wont be enough. I had every Sammy feature turned off and screen to auto on s4 and was barely squeezing thru 8 to 10 hr work day medium use. and with the g2 bigger screen and faster processor im wondering if id just be better going with the maxx even tho I wasn't to impressed with the form factor when I held it in the store. anyone else worried bout the g2 battery??
    8-10 hours sounds more like heavy use to me. Screen isn't much bigger and with the new processor supposedly you'll see power savings. 400 mah is nothing. Maybe 20-30 minutes of use.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sox08 View Post
    This is my main concern as well. I love the battery life on my RMHD and really don't want to settle for less. I love the specs of the G2, but if the battery doesn't measure up I'll probably return it for the Maxx. I'm hoping that with more efficient processors and all that it will have good life. I guess I'll know in a few weeks.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
    I think they do that to be on the safe side. Most big orders like that run into issues and delays happen. When delays happen, people get upset so Verizon is likely just avoiding that potential situation.
    I have never bought into that being the reasoning. Verizon likes to jerk our chains and move product launches at their whim. Every other carrier can and does announce launch dates on new products. Apple strictly controls the launch date and the carriers simply take it. Verizon wants users to buy what they have in stock today and not wait for tomorrows new toy. The fact that its launching a day before AT&T is shocking as it is.

do you guys know if this phone will work overseas? I travel to Europe and haven't seen or heard if it is a world phone

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by panitsos View Post
    do you guys know if this phone will work overseas? I travel to Europe and haven't seen or heard if it is a world phone
    I thought it had a GSM antenna. Doesn't it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

This is my main concern as well. I love the battery life on my RMHD and really don't want to settle for less. I love the specs of the G2, but if the battery doesn't measure up I'll probably return it for the Maxx. I'm hoping that with more efficient processors and all that it will have good life. I guess I'll know in a few weeks.
    I'm sure the phone will last a day easily with medium usage. Medium usage being taking some calls, texting, browsing the web for an hour or two. I don't think the screen increase is going to be a huge battery drain with a 3000 mah battery vs the g2.

If someone who is worried about 400 mah not being enough, do you really think 500 mah is going to be enough if you don't like the g2's battery? What's that equate to about 30 minutes more of onscreen time? maybe an hour.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by darkestred View Post
    I'm sure the phone will last a day easily with medium usage. Medium usage being taking some calls, texting, browsing the web for an hour or two. I don't think the screen increase is going to be a huge battery drain with a 3000 mah battery vs the g2.

If someone who is worried about 400 mah not being enough, do you really think 500 mah is going to be enough if you don't like the g2's battery? What's that equate to about 30 minutes more of onscreen time? maybe an hour.
    For my Razr Maxx HD by the end of the day what I would call a typical day I'm usually down around 60 percent or so. Today I took it off the charger around 9 a.m.. Now 1 a.m. And I am at 66 percent with mild to moderate use. Sometimes I might get to 50 percent. But generally have a lot of battery left by the end of the day and I like having that buffer 4 times when I go on vacation and am not near a charger all day.

Although the difference in size of the battery between the g2 and droid Maxx is only technically 500, the
    3000mAh G2 is rated at 28 hours
    3300mAh RMHD 31 hours
    3500mAh Droid Maxx rated at 48 hours.

So there is obviously a lot more to it than just the size of the battery for the extra 500mAh to add 20 hours.

Sent from my RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Snareman; 08-25-2013 at 01:44 AM.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I thought it had a GSM antenna. Doesn't it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    I don't remember the G2 being called an international phone.
    The Verizon version will probably only have Verizon compatible radios.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kikaha View Post
    I don't remember the G2 being called an international phone.
    The Verizon version will probably only have Verizon compatible radios.
    I don't remember it being called a world phone either but I thought that I had seen somewhere that it had a GSM antenna also. Although now I can't find that information. That might change my thoughts on the phone and whether I get it or the Droid Maxx that I think does have a GSM antenna as well. Granted I am only out of the country once or twice a year so maybe I shouldn't let that be a deciding factor for the other 345 days of the year.

I don't remember it being called a world phone either but I thought that I had seen somewhere that it had a GSM antenna also. Although now I can't find that information. That might change my thoughts on the phone and whether I get it or the Droid Maxx that I think does have a GSM antenna as well. Granted I am only out of the country once or twice a year so maybe I shouldn't let that be a deciding factor for the other 345 days of the year.

Pretty much all of the devices you buy will have access to the voice enabled bands of other carriers, to maximize the availability for emergency calls. However, it's unlikely the Verizon model supports At&ts 4G LTE network, or even hspa+. It might, but I'd have to look at the FCC document to see which bands it supports.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast