nano sim for American version?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so I'm planning to get it off contract on Verizon, but there's no details of what type of sim the american version has. I'm using a micro now, so if it's a nano sim, I should probably order a sim cutter on eBay before I get the phone... lol anyone know?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
so I'm planning to get it off contract on Verizon, but there's no details of what type of sim the american version has. I'm using a micro now, so if it's a nano sim, I should probably order a sim cutter on eBay before I get the phone... lol anyone know?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

Just go into Verizon they will give you the Sim for free. I do that when I buy used phones and need a different Sim than I have

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah i know, but the last time I switched Sims I was without a phone for like 3 hours. lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
thought that's what I kept hearing. I think the American one does, so i just ordered a sim card cutter on amazon. I thought international did, too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Seems it uses micro Sim like most devices

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
man i wish i could find those articles stating it was nano sim now...but apparently someone said on XDA the tmo variant is nano sim, so i'm thinking that all american carriers may be nano sim. either way, i spent 7 bucks on a cutter that will be here before i get the phone lol if i don't need it, i'll just hang on to it..eventually sims will all be going towards nano..

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a definitive answer? Like, someone here has the phone and knows what size the bloody SIM card is in the US? Searching comes up with "Its a nano!! Oh, wait, it's a micro!" :) And the answer doesn't seem to be here either. If you have the phone, yank the SIM and tell me.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
yup I wasted 7 bucks on a sim card cutter hahaha I'll save it for the future though lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a question: I just "upgraded" my Mom's basic phone line to the LG G2. I'm attempting to keep my Unlimited plan. Do I have to do something with my Galaxy Nexus's SIM card and the LG G2 SIM card in order to make the phone transfer to my line a success?