Verizon G2 SVLTE

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found the FCC report on the Verizon model of the G2? I am curious if the Verizon version will have SVLTE or not? The international model appears not to. So when you receive a call, the data stops, even when connected to LTE. The Sprint version G2 also seems to be that way, no data of any kind while on a call.

This is not the worst problem in the world but definitely is a step down from all the other flagship phones out right now. Even iPhone 5 can do SVLTE.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 doesn't have SVLTE. In fact it's the only phone on Verizon not to have that feature....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
every phone for the past year or so could do that.. the thunderbolt could bc htc phones could... and they all started following. I hope that didn't change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Cdma handles voice. Lte handles data. If you have lte you can do both. If you have 3g it might not be likely

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

neatsteve

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the answer to this? I just called my local verizon store and they were no help. They didn't even know they had the phone. ugh. I want the phone but I need to know if it has SVLTE before ordering it online.

thanks for the help.

Edit: Nevermind. Verizon now has it posted on their site that it has SVLTE.

Last edited:

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noted whether the Verizon G2 supports LTE-A (Advanced) standard or not? I know the Snapdragon 800 can support LTE-A, but I understand it comes down to whether the modem that's paired with the snapdragon and/or firmware allows it? I know that technology is a ways down the road for Verizon, but for future-proofing it would be nice to have.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
what he said. you can use LTE while on a call. can't say about 3g, though. probably not, as only HTC phones pretty much did simultaneous 3g and talk for their LTE phones

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I looked in the FCC reports and can confirm no SVDO (1x/CDMA voice + EVDO/3G data).

As already mentioned by others, the reports show SVLTE (voice + LTE data).

Seems like this is the trend on newer Verizon devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome