Anyone actually seen a pic of Verizon version?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I dont have a choice either. I pay nothing for my plan and have unlimited data. it's not worth it for me to goto att.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have no choice. Yes work account paid by company. Sorry you don't like my opinion Mr. Verizon, but I am entitled to have one and express it, even here.

Yes you are, just like I am. I use and yes like Verizon because it gets the best reception in Houston, at least the areas I work and live.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont have a choice either. I pay nothing for my plan and have unlimited data. it's not worth it for me to goto att.

So you are getting free unlimited data but hate it?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I hate the fact that verizon has to rape every damn phone when other carriers release them stock. what possible damn reason do they have for changing the settings menu? seriously? they do it just to f around bc they know they're number 1 and they don't give a **** about their customers

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You may have already seen this, but I just came across this video that unboxes the Verizon version and compares the back buttons to the AT&T version.

Sanktheboat, it looks like you were right about them being countersunk. It's also thicker due to the wireless charging coil. Definitely going to have to see it in person, but I'm not lovin' the buttons, and am concerned about it fitting in available cases if it's significant'y thicker than the standard model. Also, though he's wrong about the stereo speakers on the standard model, I'm not sure I'm all that jazzed about the Verizon version of the speaker holes, either. All in all, it seems like they took a rather elegant design and mucked it up a bit. Still, I suppose they're rather minor changes in the grand scheme.

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape that Verizon has their name in 2 places on the phone. Its not like its across the screen.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape that Verizon has their name in 2 places on the phone. Its not like its across the screen.

Great, now you gave them an idea. Look for the next Nexus (If it comes to vzw) to have a massive big red logo as a hologram in the glass covering the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(647285)

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Great, now you gave them an idea. Look for the next Nexus (If it comes to vzw) to have a massive big red logo as a hologram in the glass covering the screen.

I'd still buy it if it came out on Verizon. I'm due for an upgrade but everything else seems filthy compared to the simple design of the Nexus line. I'm a GNEX user btw.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon version has some issues for me. I don't like the fact that it is thicker or that it has Verizon branding on the front. Those things however aren't necessarily deal breakers for me just inconvenient. The thing that I really don't like are the Verizon buttons. They look weird, out of place, and uncomfortable. The back of the ATT version looks better designed and so much sleeker.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon version has some issues for me. I don't like the fact that it is thicker or that it has Verizon branding on the front. Those things however aren't necessarily deal breakers for me just inconvenient. The thing that I really don't like are the Verizon buttons. They look weird, out of place, and uncomfortable. The back of the ATT version looks better designed and so much sleeker.

I could care less about the Verizon branding. I'l eventually stop noticing it on the phone. But I would like it to not be large and have weird buttons. Perhaps in person they won't be so bad. We'll see tomorrow I guess. Its going to be awkward holding the phone in your hand trying out those buttons with that cable coming out of the middle of the back of the case like they always have in stores.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Saw the unboxing just now and I love the change Verizon did with the back buttons.

I hope Bell or Rogers follows suit.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Looks like droid life is on the ball. Already have att vs VZW g2 video. Another 15mim video on software. 24hrs till VZW opens up. Hell yeah

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to pick up the VZW LG G2 on Thursday. Thinking about ordering a case online (vs. overpaying for one in store), but I'm not sure of the version differences. Everyone has seen the pic of the Verizon G2, but it honestly looks more like a render than a photo to me. I'm just wondering if the cases available will really fit the VZW G2....

The rear buttons on it look disturbingly small on the Verizon website.

View attachment 80402

Real photo, or render?

Verizon logo on the front, Verizon logo on the back.....do they have Verizon engraved into the side bezel too? LOL

Phone looks so ugly with Verizon all over it. If you are one to rock a phone naked I would not be a fan of all the carrier branding.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

I just don't understand why people seem surprised by this when Verizon has been doing this for years. At least it's not as bad as the Note 2, which had the logo right on the home button. I'm certainly not defending Verizon, but of all things, this just doesn't seem like something to get upset over (but that's just my opinion); and even if you don't like it, there's no way you can be that surprised to see it.

I'd be willing to be almost any amount of money that VZW will never get another Nexus phone. (at least not as an exclusive, they'd have to be willing to allow unlocked non-verizon devices on their network, which I also don't see happening any time soon).

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand why people seem surprised by this when Verizon has been doing this for years. At least it's not as bad as the Note 2, which had the logo right on the home button. I'm certainly not defending Verizon, but of all things, this just doesn't seem like something to get upset over (but that's just my opinion); and even if you don't like it, there's no way you can be that surprised to see it.

I'd be willing to be almost any amount of money that VZW will never get another Nexus phone. (at least not as an exclusive, they'd have to be willing to allow unlocked non-verizon devices on their network, which I also don't see happening any time soon).

It is only probably a surprise to me because my carrier in Canada doesn't have any logo on the phones I buy. This includes my Note 2.

I understand why carriers do it but don't plaster it front and back, really in my personal opinion takes away from the phone. Put it on the back but leave the front alone lol.