Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bova80
  • 1 Post By CellGuy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Here's a great first look at the Verizon & at&t LG G2

For those wondering....
    from Droid Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/11...verizon-lg-g2/
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default Re: Here's a great first look at the Verizon & at&t LG G2

man Verizon killed the settings menu
    jayochs likes this.

Verizon's version removed the Brightness and Volume sliders from the notification window, which is awesome. I'm assuming you can also disable the Qslide icons as well. AT&T why didn't you do this too!!! /sigh

I actually like the grid look of the speakers on the AT&T version but no biggie I will be getting mine tomorrow!

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone else thing the buttons on the back of the Verizon version are small and ugly. Att version looks much more elegant and useful being a little larger. I don't like that silver on the Verizon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Anyone else thing the buttons on the back of the Verizon version are small and ugly. Att version looks much more elegant and useful being a little larger. I don't like that silver on the Verizon at all.
    Ugly? No, not to me. But I do like the stock/AT&T design better.

This is a pretty sexy phone! I wouldn't mind having one! Im trying to get a hold of one. If I can, ill let you know what I think of it.

Hard to believe that Verizon eliminated the stereo speakers and went to one mono speaker. It's got wireless charging, but I assume they don't include the charging base?

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    Ugly? No, not to me. But I do like the stock/AT&T design better.
    They just don't flow with the design of the phone as much as the ATT version. And I wonder if their smaller size will make them harder to use.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

FYI....G2 has a mono speaker, the AT&T just used a grill for the mic & speaker
    Last edited by buenos; 09-11-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: thought i was replying
    Thanked by:
    Ken7 

Anyone know if on Verizon you can simply take a nano sim with adapter from a iPhone 5 and have it work in the G2 using an adapter of course so if I wanted I can switch between devices by moving the sim between phones?

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Is it just me or does it look like the VZ version is a bit chunkier than the AT&T version? Not fatter, per se, but there's less of a tapering effect towards the sides of the back. Possibly to accomodate the wireless charging...? I wonder if that means you'll need a different case for VZ vs. AT&T versions.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Im glad to see the settings menu going to "standard" vanilla style. Also, the sliders in the notifications are gone...YES!!! I hate those.
    Sounding better and better
    moosc likes this.

hope not. I ordered a poetic case.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Yep. On incipio's website there are different cases for each.

ughhh those fingerprints . . . and if I have to be honest, it does look a tad bulky in mid section.

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like the look of the power/volume buttons on the att but the Verizon buttons seems to not have that hump which is nice.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    Hard to believe that Verizon eliminated the stereo speakers and went to one mono speaker. It's got wireless charging, but I assume they don't include the charging base?
    None of the G2s have stereo speakers, they just changed the way the speaker and microphone covers are.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Held the demo device last night. Thin and felt really nice.

Nothing to worry about.

Posted via Android Central App

Played with the device for about 30 minutes this evening. Looked pretty good. Felt good and pretty solid and the buttons on the back didn't feel too bad - I feel like I can get use to them pretty quickly.

* I did take a few pictures with the G2 and my HTC One which can be seen here: HTC One vs LG G2 - Imgur I took them from the same area and zoomed out as much as they could - I also cleaned the lens with my shirt before taking the pictures.

* In an effort to compare the G2 with the One (the current debate that I am having), I attempted to watch a youtube video at the same time. I decided on the new HD version of the Hobbit movie Trailer. I clicked the video link at the same time and the HTC One moved on to the "buffering/loading" screen but the G2 paused for a bit before loading (it seemed to lag). By that I mean the color around the video changed as it usually does when you click something and the color stayed for what seemed like a second and a half. However, the G2 started the video about a quarter of a second before the HTC One. The video appeared brighter and a little better on the One (brightness on both were on high -- however I didn't check to see if it was set to HD on the G2 and I know it was on the One). The sound was a lot quieter on the G2 compared to the One and it also didn't sound as good. I'd like to personally spend more time looking at this myself but this was the initial viewing I had.

* Camera seemed to delay just a second as the camera focused before taking the picture - not a bi delay but there appeared to be a small one.

* Knock On worked well, slight delay, but it works and works well.

* Overall I am very close to pulling the trigger and returning the HTC One. I think the LG software is extremely customizeable and I'm happy about that (see the latest droid-life.com video which shows some of the areas you can customize).

Hope that helps some
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

OK if I hear one more gripe about VZW logos shut up. The back on VZW looks way cleaner compared to att and that big FCC certificate. Also VZW is way better in start up compared to VZW. So many menus att. I also prefer the swiping between menus. More inline with googles features. Sucks the g2 is mono speaker. But atleast customers on VZW wont b let down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    OK if I hear one more gripe about VZW logos shut up. The back on VZW looks way cleaner compared to att and that big FCC certificate. Also VZW is way better in start up compared to VZW. So many menus att. I also prefer the swiping between menus. More inline with googles features. Sucks the g2 is mono speaker. But atleast customers on VZW wont b let down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Well, I'm let down that they won't have it in white in the stores tomorrow!!

I also forgot to say that the Verizon unit I played with had 2 software updates that had to be installed immediately. Not sure what was included, but it only took about 3-4 minutes

Did anyone get to see the reception quality? I'm concerned after having to suffer with the Galaxy Nexus for 2 years and having absolute crap reception and battery life.

I know moto has the best radios. Hopefully LG has good ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by dazedniteman View Post
    Played with the device for about 30 minutes this evening. Looked pretty good. Felt good and pretty solid and the buttons on the back didn't feel too bad - I feel like I can get use to them pretty quickly.

* I did take a few pictures with the G2 and my HTC One which can be seen here: HTC One vs LG G2 - Imgur I took them from the same area and zoomed out as much as they could - I also cleaned the lens with my shirt before taking the pictures.

* In an effort to compare the G2 with the One (the current debate that I am having), I attempted to watch a youtube video at the same time. I decided on the new HD version of the Hobbit movie Trailer. I clicked the video link at the same time and the HTC One moved on to the "buffering/loading" screen but the G2 paused for a bit before loading (it seemed to lag). By that I mean the color around the video changed as it usually does when you click something and the color stayed for what seemed like a second and a half. However, the G2 started the video about a quarter of a second before the HTC One. The video appeared brighter and a little better on the One (brightness on both were on high -- however I didn't check to see if it was set to HD on the G2 and I know it was on the One). The sound was a lot quieter on the G2 compared to the One and it also didn't sound as good. I'd like to personally spend more time looking at this myself but this was the initial viewing I had.

* Camera seemed to delay just a second as the camera focused before taking the picture - not a bi delay but there appeared to be a small one.

* Knock On worked well, slight delay, but it works and works well.

* Overall I am very close to pulling the trigger and returning the HTC One. I think the LG software is extremely customizeable and I'm happy about that (see the latest droid-life.com video which shows some of the areas you can customize).

Hope that helps some
    Looks like the color balance on the G2 is much better then the One. The whites look white on the G2 and on the One they have more beige.

Tapatalk mofo