Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By darkestred
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon denied me a day early

Tried to go into a Verizon store to get the phone early, and no luck. They told me I had to wait till tomorrow......sucks. Want the phone now!!!

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Verizon denied me a day early

Not a surprise. Did you ask them what colors they had?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No ....I was trying to sweet talk the girl just to get it.....lol

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Everyone I talked to had the black only.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Guess I'll have to wait for them to mail me one. I guess BB only has black too?

Yeah black only for now, this really pisses me off. I effing HATE the way the carriers and Android OEM's SUCK at launching products.
    As much as I dislike Apple's products, I absolutely love and am jealous of the way they launch their products. They have their announcement, they keep the stuff the same across the board in every country on every carrier. They give a launch date which is always very shortly following the announcement and all colors and models are available. On the Android side of things it's a MESS, just awful.

Posted via Android Central App on this HTC One I just picked up for a week till the LG G2 launches on Verizon.
    HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

The guard at the VZW store that I go into said they took the demo down earlier this afternoon cus a lot of people were in there playing with it then asked if they could get it today.

Of course they said no.

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Technified View Post
    The guard at the VZW store that I go into said they took the demo down earlier this afternoon cus a lot of people were in there playing with it then asked if they could get it today.

Of course they said no.

Your Verizon store has a guard???

The ones in Chicago do too

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    Yeah black only for now, this really pisses me off. I effing HATE the way the carriers and Android OEM's SUCK at launching products.
    As much as I dislike Apple's products, I absolutely love and am jealous of the way they launch their products. They have their announcement, they keep the stuff the same across the board in every country on every carrier. They give a launch date which is always very shortly following the announcement and all colors and models are available. On the Android side of things it's a MESS, just awful.

Posted via Android Central App on this HTC One I just picked up for a week till the LG G2 launches on Verizon.
    I worked for Verizon for a long time. Apple launches are a mess, usually a small quantity in the store, most devices must be iconic ordered. Basically wait a couple days for it.

See what you said there, "a couple days" look at the G2 for instance. It's announced on like August 7th, when will it launch? Who will have it? How much will it cost? You didn't have those answers for quite some time! And now it seems everyone only has black in stock, when will white come? Will it come to all carriers?
    I know I am nitpicking, I know I am being cynical, it's one of those days.
    There is a reason Apple is virtually printing money. There is a reason they get amazing support from developers and 3rd party accessory makers. These are the things I am jealous of big time. Samsung has followed Apple's lead and look at how fruitful they have become.
    Look at HTC, they make superb devices in terms of design and build quality, yet they are pissing money and on the verge of destruction because their business model is terribly scattered.

HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    See what you said there, "a couple days" look at the G2 for instance. It's announced on like August 7th, when will it launch? Who will have it? How much will it cost? You didn't have those answers for quite some time! And now it seems everyone only has black in stock, when will white come? Will it come to all carriers?
    I know I am nitpicking, I know I am being cynical, it's one of those days.
    There is a reason Apple is virtually printing money. There is a reason they get amazing support from developers and 3rd party accessory makers. These are the things I am jealous of big time. Samsung has followed Apple's lead and look at how fruitful they have become.
    Look at HTC, they make superb devices in terms of design and build quality, yet they are pissing money and on the verge of destruction because their business model is terribly scattered.

Nah, you're not nitpicking. A launch should have both colors available and i don't see why we have to wait a month or more for phones to be released. This should already be arranged. No reason not to. I'm just glad in a few hours i'll be going to bed and waking up and heading to the Verizon Store to get this phone.
    Thanked by:
    reeper55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Your Verizon store has a guard???
    Yup. He's unarmed tho. When people walk in they think he is a rep but he's a guard. The store is in center city philadelphia. The first time I went in the I thought he was a rep lol

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by darkestred View Post
    Nah, you're not nitpicking. A launch should have both colors available and i don't see why we have to wait a month or more for phones to be released. This should already be arranged. No reason not to. I'm just glad in a few hours i'll be going to bed and waking up and heading to the Verizon Store to get this phone.
    Not only should all of the colors be available on the first day, but so should all of the accessories - cases, wireless chargers, desktop chargers, car window mounts, etc. And yes, have the big unveiling and during the unveiling announce when they will all be available, in what colors and to what carriers. And have that date be in the near future - 1-2 weeks at the most. That way people get excited about it and then go get it. Not that the average cell phone citizen has a clue that they have big launch events for phones. Even Apple's events have become a little less noteworthy, especially in the "S" years.

Quote Originally Posted by darkestred View Post
    Remember when it took Apple almost a year to get the white version out? Color issues are not completely unique to the Android world.

(granted, I do agree with the general point that most Android launches are a bit of a mess)