bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be having issues with my home wifi and my g2. I have iPads, laptops and iPhones that all connect and work fine but my g2 connects but doesn't seem like it wants to send or receive data when connected. Not making sense to me. Anyone else have issues?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having issues with my home wifi and my g2. I have iPads, laptops and iPhones that all connect and work fine but my g2 connects but doesn't seem like it wants to send or receive data when connected. Not making sense to me. Anyone else have issues?

Password on your router?
Try disconnecting from the router, long press your router selection and see if you have the option to 'forget' it. Then click on it again to set it up. A typo for the password may have happened.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

au6768

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Got the Verizon version on Saturday and having the same issue. Can connect to Wifi networks but no data is being sent or received - can't access web pages. Anyone else have this issue? If so, were you able to fix it?

LightsGravity

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a Verizon model today i am also having the same issue. Connects just fine to my network yet I am unable to send or recieve data. There is definitely something going wrong on with the wifi on some models it aooears. Hopefully someone will have an answer soon.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen at work with every phone I've tried to connect to it. Gnex did it, RMHD did it, and I fully expect the G2 to do it when I get one. At home I've never had a problem luckily (knocks on wood) so I think it boils down to router settings or something to do with a router security of some sort.

cloudyview

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the issue but this is interesting...

Those that have the issue, what wireless router do you have, and are you running stock firmware, or something like dd-wrt?

Have you tried connecting to other wireless networks?

au6768

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Got an update. At work, we have a WIFI network that does not require a password. I am able to access this network no problem. The phone seems to have issues connecting to my password protected router at home. I have a DLink DIR-655. Any suggestions to work around this? Would prefer to leave the home router password protected.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This is really interesting because my home router is a Linksys, but here at work where it gives me trouble is D-link. Me thinks D-link routers may be the culprit...

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I know at work we had this issue - no one that had an Android could log into Google servers, we'd connect to the router, but no data tranfer. IT finally looked into it and it was a router setting that Android requires and IOS doesn't.

mrpurpledino

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I changed my wifi security settings from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and I can now use wifi on my device. I assume the G2 is not compatible with the security setting.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I changed my wifi security settings from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and I can now use wifi on my device. I assume the G2 is not compatible with the security setting.

I connect to wifi with WPA2 at work, home and my daughters home without issue so I don't think WPA2 security is the issue. At least it isn't for me.

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I know at work we had this issue - no one that had an Android could log into Google servers, we'd connect to the router, but no data tranfer. IT finally looked into it and it was a router setting that Android requires and IOS doesn't.

And what setting would that be

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

LightsGravity

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've found a solution for me. My d link was broadcasting 802.11n WPA2 encryption. I switched to 802.11g WEP and sure enough I connect with no issues and connection is stable. Router may need a firmware update to support these newer radios in these high end devices, but this works for now. Thanks for the help all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz