No bezels = broken screens

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got my G2 and am loving it so far. But, was thinking, will the reduced bezels lead to more shattered screens when dropping? Less of a crumple zone so to speak.

I know it's hopefully too early for many drops for anyone so far, just fishing for thoughts.

Posted via Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
But normally the bezel has glass covering it so I don't see that there would make much difference. In other words, the front face of touch screen phones is all glass regardless of bezel sizes.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Phonedog dropped there review unit landed face down and scratched the edge pretty good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
But normally the bezel has glass covering it so I don't see that there would make much difference. In other words, the front face of touch screen phones is all glass regardless of bezel sizes.

What he said, the front on all touch screen phones is all glass so bezel sizes has nothing at all to do with protecting out from breaking.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So the fact that other phones' glass front is "reinforced" with more plastic/non-glass makes no difference? It would seem in the case of the G2 that a more force would be exerted on the glass because there is less other support.

I certainly hope I never have to worry about it haha.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So the fact that other phones' glass front is "reinforced" with more plastic/non-glass makes no difference? It would seem in the case of the G2 that a more force would be exerted on the glass because there is less other support.

I certainly hope I never have to worry about it haha.

My S3 broke when I dropped it...thankfully its just the bottom of the screen where the buttons are so does not really affect me. At the end of the day if you drop ANY new phone you run the risk of it breaking the screen

Symbianblack

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Phonedog dropped there review unit landed face down and scratched the edge pretty good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
To be honest WE NEVER SAW the scratches. He may have ALSO trumped up the damage. PLUS he never disclosed the SURFACE of which the phone dropped on. Every phone gets scuffed but he DIDNT say the phone shattered or the middle of the phone was trashed.

kmarris

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I got my G2 1 week ago. It fell less than 18" on linoleum (not hard) and the screen cracked. Its completely unusable now and the new digitizer and screen are very hard to find. :(

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my G2 1 week ago. It fell less than 18" on linoleum (not hard) and the screen cracked. Its completely unusable now and the new digitizer and screen are very hard to find. :(

Same here but from 36" and it hit a low end table about 12" above ground right on its face then several flips before hitting the floor.

But it was in an Incipio DualPro case. I didn't even have to look at it to know it was OK.

Welcome to the forum!

spkay31

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
LG G2 is a great phone but the glass extends nearly to the edge of the device and even a small drop resulted in mine cracking and disabling touch on the top 1/3 of the screen. In addition even though the lower screen did respond the phone responded randomly and often became schizophrenic ;-). I shipped back to LG since it's new and should be covered, I'll see how they support their products. IMO the drop was extremely small (14-16") and the phone hit the edge of a ceramic coffee mug to create the crack. I had to take the phone out of the case cause I was putting it in the car dock on the windshield where I can't keep it in the case.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So it's should be LG's fault that you dropped your phone?

The fact of the matter is that any fall from any height has the potential to be damaging to almost every phone. Just depends on the landing.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Truth is, this phone isn't particularly durable. It didn't fare very well in drop tests. But I'm happier with this phone than any other I've had up to this point.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Truth is, this phone isn't particularly durable. It didn't fare very well in drop tests. But I'm happier with this phone than any other I've had up to this point.

You want durable, buy one of those mil-spec phones. You buy the G2 for performance.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not really worried about it since I use a good case and have never dropped a smartphone on a hard surface.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not really worried about it since I use a good case and have never dropped a smartphone on a hard surface.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

I hope you found some wood to "knock on" (pun obviously intended) after paying that comment.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc