Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Got My Verizon G2 A Day Early... cause I like to party

Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I am actually a bit disappointed with the speaker. I was trying to watch a video last night in bed. I had to cup my one hand behind the bottom of the phone (where the speaker is) so that the speaker could be more easily heard. IMO, this is the only thing that I like better on the the HTC One.
    Also, is the Verizon version Mono? I only hear (and see) one speaker. Otherwise, I really love this phone.
    Yes, the Verizon version is mono. No version of the G2 has stereo speakers. It's just an aesthetic touch on the AT&T/international version to hide the mic hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Goingcarcrazy View Post
    Yes, the Verizon version is mono. No version of the G2 has stereo speakers. It's just an aesthetic touch on the AT&T/international version to hide the mic hole.
    Ahhh, thanks. I falsely assumed that the two speakers holes were stereo speakers. Not that stereo speakers placed so closely together at the bottom of the phone would make a difference.

Ahhh, thanks. I falsely assumed that the two speakers holes were stereo speakers. Not that stereo speakers placed so closely together at the bottom of the phone would make a difference.
    Don't feel bad. I've seen 3 reviewer videos (professional tech reviewers mind you) assume that the AT&T/international version have stereo. I honestly would like to know how loud the speakers are. The speakers on my Gnex were unacceptable (quiet and very distorted), but I love the speakers on my Razr Maxx HD. Crazy loud and very clear. I didn't get a chance to test them when I was playing with the phone in store (pushy salesmen everywhere).

Picked mine up yesterday. The battery life is nuts on this phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by trunks527 View Post
    Picked mine up yesterday. The battery life is nuts on this phone.

I agree. I've had the phone unplugged for about 3.5 hours. I picked it up and it is still at 93%. I've made 1 phone call, sent a couple of IMs and played with it here and there. My GNex would have been well under 80% by now. I had the extended battery on it. Not an aftermarket battery, the Sansung extended battery which I think was somewhere around 2100mah.
    Hilman76 likes this.

Don't feel bad. I've seen 3 reviewer videos (professional tech reviewers mind you) assume that the AT&T/international version have stereo. I honestly would like to know how loud the speakers are. The speakers on my Gnex were unacceptable (quiet and very distorted), but I love the speakers on my Razr Maxx HD. Crazy loud and very clear. I didn't get a chance to test them when I was playing with the phone in store (pushy salesmen everywhere).
    The G2 is a bit louder and clearer than the GNex. (What I just upgraded from). I don't have a Maxx HD to compare to. My wife has a Razr Maxx. I can compare that, but it would have to be this evening.

The G2 is a bit louder and clearer than the GNex. (What I just upgraded from). I don't have a Maxx HD to compare to. My wife has a Razr Maxx. I can compare that, but it would have to be this evening.
    If you would, that'd be awesome. I've never really had any complaints about a Motorola phone speaker so it'd be a good baseline, for me at least.

I thought the speaker was pretty loud, had Netflix on last night while cleaning the kitchen and I could hear it pretty good. Way better then the GNex but I'm sure nothing like the One.

Last edited by tx_tuff; 09-13-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    We're happy to see you're loving your LG G2, and thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any questions for us, thanks! ^AM
    if you really are an LG rep can you explain how it was widely reported when the phone was launched that it had gorilla glass 3.. but it actually doesnt have it? did you guys change your mind or what happened?

If you would, that'd be awesome. I've never really had any complaints about a Motorola phone speaker so it'd be a good baseline, for me at least.
    Ok....unscientific test. I placed both phones on the same spot. Had my wife stand at the same spot. Called each phone from my home phone. Both cell phones had speaker volume set to max. Here is what my wife said.
    The G2 was louder than the Maxx. They were equally as clear.
    Just to reiterate. The other phone was a Razr Maxx, the generation before the Razr Maxx HD.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Where is it reported that it isn't Gg3?
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    if you really are an LG rep can you explain how it was widely reported when the phone was launched that it had gorilla glass 3.. but it actually doesnt have it? did you guys change your mind or what happened?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Where is it reported that it isn't Gg3?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Omg this phone is beast. So many options. Was able to use vzw device payment planGot My Verizon G2 A Day Early... cause I like to party-uploadfromtaptalk1379278039254.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Omg this phone is beast. So many options. Was able to use vzw device payment planClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379278039254.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	81517

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Glad you love your phone moosc:beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Ran into a serous issue and that is charging, I don't have the luxury of being in a house ever day, I us my tractors 12 volt plugs to charge every thing. So the same hi powered cord n plug I charge my nexus 4 n 7 with can't even charge the G2. That's crazy they said the S800 was a fast charger. I can't even finish setting up my G2 because I can't charge it. That's wrong. Oh a oberservation my nexus 4 feels small compared to the G2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Iirc, you have to use the massive LG charger...it took about 2 hr's to go from 0 to 100.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Can't believe the weight of the VZW G2. Glad I didn't go note 3. Picking up my nexus 4 it feels small

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Me too. I really hate how hot it gets, especially if I have to make a phone call. But everything else about the phone is phenomenally great.

---LG G2 via Tapatalk 2---
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Do w know what that house icon is? Got My Verizon G2 A Day Early... cause I like to party-uploadfromtaptalk1379356151522.jpg

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I have the VZW version as well and this is what my status bar looks like. Did you do anything special when you added the wifi network? Like maybe use the tutorial? If it is wifi that I'm looking @...

Maybe post your firmware from the settings menu?

---LG G2 via Tapatalk 2---

Do w know what that house icon is? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379356151522.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	81688

It's the network extender icon, I believe.

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Ok....unscientific test. I placed both phones on the same spot. Had my wife stand at the same spot. Called each phone from my home phone. Both cell phones had speaker volume set to max. Here is what my wife said.
    The G2 was louder than the Maxx. They were equally as clear.
    Just to reiterate. The other phone was a Razr Maxx, the generation before the Razr Maxx HD.
    Was this on speakerphone or the earpiece?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lol

I am actually a bit disappointed with the speaker. I was trying to watch a video last night in bed. I had to cup my one hand behind the bottom of the phone (where the speaker is) so that the speaker could be more easily heard. IMO, this is the only thing that I like better on the the HTC One.
    Also, is the Verizon version Mono? I only hear (and see) one speaker. Otherwise, I really love this phone.

Off topic here.....darn you original poster for the name of your thread. Every time I see this thread title, the old VengaBoys We like to party starts playing over and over in my head. Sometimes for an hour or two. I then struggle to get it out. By the time I've finally gotten that tune out of my head, I come back to the forums and the vicious cycle starts all over again.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Oh cmon guys! Now that awful song is stuck in my head! WHY would you do that to us?!

---LG G2 via Tapatalk 2

got my G2 today. Proud to be part of the team! Came from S3 and must say loving the G2 better and I really lovedmy S3 too!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123