Poor call quality on Verizon G2

spdrcrtx

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the phone today and love everything about it except the call quality. It is absolutely horrible on my phone. I've made several calls and there was noticeable distortion on all of them. This is a deal breaker for me and the phone is definitely going back, but I'm hesitant to try another one for fear of the same problem. Anyone else having issues? I've owned various Samsung and Motorola phones on Verizon and never had an issue like this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the phone today and love everything about it except the call quality. It is absolutely horrible on my phone. I've made several calls and there was noticeable distortion on all of them. This is a deal breaker for me and the phone is definitely going back, but I'm hesitant to try another one for fear of the same problem. Anyone else having issues? I've owned various Samsung and Motorola phones on Verizon and never had an issue like this.

I would call Verizon about it. It would be disappointing to use your trade in and still have the same issue.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a friend of mine for a bit today, who was on his new Verizon G2. He didn't report any issues with call quality, and he sounded great on my end. There might be something wrong with the ear piece on yours possibly?

landr008

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just received my G2 today on verizon and have the same problem. Random digitalized schreaching noise during calls just on my end. it seems to be the worse during mobile to mobile calls, but i need to test it further. Everything else seems to work great so far, but I def need to investigate further.

spdrcrtx

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I just received my G2 today on verizon and have the same problem. Random digitalized schreaching noise during calls just on my end. it seems to be the worse during mobile to mobile calls, but i need to test it further. Everything else seems to work great so far, but I def need to investigate further.

That's a perfect description of the sound that I am hearing. Glad to know I'm not imagining things.

jackslee21

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here about the random screeching sound. The other strange thing is when I put the phone to my other ear the screeching sound goes away so don't know what's going on.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here about the random screeching sound. The other strange thing is when I put the phone to my other ear the screeching sound goes away so don't know what's going on.

aliens. or metal plates in heads put in there by aliens. lol

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Call quality is excellent on mine. I'm on the phone most of the day with clients. Calls have been clear and surprisingly loud.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Also have the Verizon version and have had pretty good call quality. The only problem I noticed was with one other person on a mobile, but I put that down to her phone more than mine; she was in her car and had me on speaker. Other mobile-to-mobile calls have been fine. Possibly, it's just the OP's particular unit?

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I just got my g2 and while I am loving it I just got off the phone with my dad and my unit definitely has the digital screeching.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the digital screeching/chopping/chirping etc. I talked about this in the thread below. I missed this thread when I made the first post.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/314716-reception-call-quality.html

I am on my THIRD verizon G2 and they all do this at various times. It's the luck of the draw when you make a call. If it will do it usually it is near the beginning and keeps going through the call. Other time the call is clean. I think it happens in somewhat lower signal areas but not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm in contact with verizon to figure this out because I need to decide if I should forget this phone and get the Moto X and hope that works ok. There is another poster in the other thread with this prob also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac