Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poor call quality on Verizon G2

Picked up the phone today and love everything about it except the call quality. It is absolutely horrible on my phone. I've made several calls and there was noticeable distortion on all of them. This is a deal breaker for me and the phone is definitely going back, but I'm hesitant to try another one for fear of the same problem. Anyone else having issues? I've owned various Samsung and Motorola phones on Verizon and never had an issue like this.

Global Posts
    13,916 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Poor call quality on Verizon G2

Quote Originally Posted by spdrcrtx View Post
    Picked up the phone today and love everything about it except the call quality. It is absolutely horrible on my phone. I've made several calls and there was noticeable distortion on all of them. This is a deal breaker for me and the phone is definitely going back, but I'm hesitant to try another one for fear of the same problem. Anyone else having issues? I've owned various Samsung and Motorola phones on Verizon and never had an issue like this.
    I would call Verizon about it. It would be disappointing to use your trade in and still have the same issue.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I have not had this issue. All the calls have been clear.

I spoke to a friend of mine for a bit today, who was on his new Verizon G2. He didn't report any issues with call quality, and he sounded great on my end. There might be something wrong with the ear piece on yours possibly?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Call quality has been excellent on my Verizon G2.

I just received my G2 today on verizon and have the same problem. Random digitalized schreaching noise during calls just on my end. it seems to be the worse during mobile to mobile calls, but i need to test it further. Everything else seems to work great so far, but I def need to investigate further.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by landr008 View Post
    I just received my G2 today on verizon and have the same problem. Random digitalized schreaching noise during calls just on my end. it seems to be the worse during mobile to mobile calls, but i need to test it further. Everything else seems to work great so far, but I def need to investigate further.
    That's a perfect description of the sound that I am hearing. Glad to know I'm not imagining things.

Call quality on mine a great. Speaker and mic.

Quote Originally Posted by darkestred View Post
    I have not had this issue. All the calls have been clear.
    Same here. No problem with call quality. I wonder if there is a problem with the OP's particular phone. I would take it back to Verizon and exchange it.

Call quality has been very good on Verizon in New York.

Posted via Android Central App

Mine has been great on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Same problem here about the random screeching sound. The other strange thing is when I put the phone to my other ear the screeching sound goes away so don't know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackslee21 View Post
    Same problem here about the random screeching sound. The other strange thing is when I put the phone to my other ear the screeching sound goes away so don't know what's going on.
    aliens. or metal plates in heads put in there by aliens. lol

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4
    jreed2560 likes this.

Call quality is excellent on mine. I'm on the phone most of the day with clients. Calls have been clear and surprisingly loud.
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!

No problem on mine. Maybe a little distorted at the highest volume, but very good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Also have the Verizon version and have had pretty good call quality. The only problem I noticed was with one other person on a mobile, but I put that down to her phone more than mine; she was in her car and had me on speaker. Other mobile-to-mobile calls have been fine. Possibly, it's just the OP's particular unit?

hit menu in the call and try that voice clarity option or whatever its called.

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    hit menu in the call and try that voice clarity option or whatever its called.
    It is in the settings too, don't need to be in a call to do that.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by landr008 View Post

I just got my g2 and while I am loving it I just got off the phone with my dad and my unit definitely has the digital screeching.

I have the digital screeching/chopping/chirping etc. I talked about this in the thread below. I missed this thread when I made the first post.
    Reception and Call Quality?

I am on my THIRD verizon G2 and they all do this at various times. It's the luck of the draw when you make a call. If it will do it usually it is near the beginning and keeps going through the call. Other time the call is clean. I think it happens in somewhat lower signal areas but not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm in contact with verizon to figure this out because I need to decide if I should forget this phone and get the Moto X and hope that works ok. There is another poster in the other thread with this prob also.

All my calls come in n crystal clear. Everyone on the other end says they can hear me just fine.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

I posted a few days ago about having no screeching/chirping issues. In the 4 days since then I've routinely asked clients to let me know if they hear any odd noises during our conversations. I'm on the phone throughout my workdays and have yet to experience the issue. Maybe if I got another unit I might discover this screeching. I'm not sure how a few devices have this defect while others don't. Can a specific bug be found in only a select amount of devices? Can it be possibility attributed to a tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    I posted a few days ago about having no screeching/chirping issues. In the 4 days since then I've routinely asked clients to let me know if they hear any odd noises during our conversations. I'm on the phone throughout my workdays and have yet to experience the issue. Maybe if I got another unit I might discover this screeching. I'm not sure how a few devices have this defect while others don't. Can a specific bug be found in only a select amount of devices? Can it be possibility attributed to a tower?
    My microphone is fine. People hear me fine except they say they can tell I am on a cell. They don't understand why I have to keep saying what did you say? all the time because to them the line is good quality. As for towers, I tried in enough locations that it isn't just one tower but verizon is supposed to check this sometime today for the calls I made.

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosouplabs View Post
    My microphone is fine. People hear me fine except they say they can tell I am on a cell. They don't understand why I have to keep saying what did you say? all the time because to them the line is good quality. As for towers, I tried in enough locations that it isn't just one tower but verizon is supposed to check this sometime today for the calls I made.
    And you've had this occur on 3 successive G2s? It's obvious that you want to keep the G2. I hope Verizon figures out what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    And you've had this occur on 3 successive G2s? It's obvious that you want to keep the G2. I hope Verizon figures out what the issue is.
    I like the features of the G2 and I love the screen. I don't think I or verizon at this point will swap it again for the same model unless they figure out the problem and know they are giving me a working one. My other option is Moto X but I am very worried I'll get the mic/noise cancellation problem again, since forums are alive and ticking on this subject, and it may not be apparent right away. So I would trade I can't hear people for people who can't hear me. Or go back to my old phone and wait until fixes are in place for either phone.

This problem on this phone happens about 50% of the time, roughly speaking. I can do a back to back call at same location, where first is bad and second is fine and vice versa. It can also be stubborn and locked into a pattern of working or not working after consecutive calls. Maybe some link parameters are negotiated or established wrong at call connection time. Not that I know much at all about what I'm talking about.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast