Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're talking about Ghost Armor, like the kiosks in the mall, then no damage would be done. They say it kills your warranty, but all you have to do is take it off before servicing it and they'll never know. It's not going to change the little internal sticker from white to red, or whatever they use now.

It will however, tremendously increase the grip. And it's very fingerprint friendly. I had a full wrap on my S3 and really enjoyed using that. I'm tempted to do it w/ the G2.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any dates on when incipio will launch cases on verizon? All it says is future. Doesn't really help. I want to rock this phone bare as i think its gorgeous but at the same time i know im bound to drop this phone once or twice. Couple that with the fact that i already baby it...it gets a bit old. Might as well cover the thing.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the Spigen will fit the Verizon version. They don't differentiate between models.

Yeah, I'm afraid of that, too, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Would anyone consider one of those full body applications that you wet and apply? This could be used on the back and solve the fingerprint issue. My only concern is if you need to remove it, will the back be damaged?

I'd love to keep the phone to the most minimal look possible.

I used the BodyGuardz clear skins (before they offered the carbon fiber, etc., skins) on my old Blackberry Storm, and I loved it for the fact that it didn't detract from the aesthetics of the phone, offered amazing anti-scratch protection and great extra "grippiness" but, unfortunately, it doesn't offer any protection against drops (as I discovered the hard way.)

If anyone (Spigen?) comes out with a decent bumper for the G2 I'd seriously consider doing that along with the Bodyguardz screen protector and carbon fiber back skin (to cover that hideous fingerprint magnet.)

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered Xtreme Guard full body skins, so we'll see. Just nervous about damage to the back if I want to remove it.

Just took off the Verizon jelly case and it's almost a relief seeing the thinness of the phone again.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered Xtreme Guard full body skins, so we'll see. Just nervous about damage to the back if I want to remove it.

Just took off the Verizon jelly case and it's almost a relief seeing the thinness of the phone again.

Can't speak to the Xtreme Guard, but the old BodyGuardz skins and screen protector left no residue or anything when I removed them.

I know what you mean about the Jelly case: I really want to enjoy the thinness of this phone. Another reason I'd like to see a nice bumper for it.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I decided to go with the VZW jelly case as as stop-gap, as well. I don't mind the shape and size of the case, and I like the opening around the rear keys and camera, and that the hole for the microUSB is big enough; but I HATE that it's a glossy fingerprint magnet just like the back cover of the phone.

Thank you for this information; I was considering this, as well. Really can't wait til the Spigen SlimArmor is available.
I'm rather satisfied with the Verizon silicone case. I've never used a case before. But I was forced to get a case due to not being able to get used to the gummy, greasy feel of the G2's rear cover. And it always looked so dirty.
I agree the Verizon case is glossy, but it's a flat, dry finish and unlike the film you find on the back surface of the S4 and G2.
Also, the back cover on the g2 is extremely soft material. There are already a few small scratch marks that are magnified due to the gloss finish on the surface.
The silicone fits snugly. The lip in the front is thicker than I would like. But this silicone case will do until I can find a slimmer, hardshell option.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Jelly case ~ High Gloss Silicon case?

I don't much mind the extra thickness, but I'm coming from an Otterboxed Note 2. :)

That said, I would very much like an ultra thin, full coverage, soft touch matte case.

---LG G2 via Tapatalk 2---

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm afraid of that, too, but keeping my fingers crossed.

I used the BodyGuardz clear skins (before they offered the carbon fiber, etc., skins) on my old Blackberry Storm, and I loved it for the fact that it didn't detract from the aesthetics of the phone, offered amazing anti-scratch protection and great extra "grippiness" but, unfortunately, it doesn't offer any protection against drops (as I discovered the hard way.)

If anyone (Spigen?) comes out with a decent bumper for the G2 I'd seriously consider doing that along with the Bodyguardz screen protector and carbon fiber back skin (to cover that hideous fingerprint magnet.)

I bought the Carbon Fiber for my GNex because that phone was way more slippery than this phone. Anyway after I put it on it didn't help with the slipperiness at all! So I ended up with a case anyway.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT model, just got the Body Glove and I believe Verizon has it, but its too slippery....I got the window case at Verizon and yes it seems to be universal, but not sold on that either, classier but still not sure!

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this case in another thread for Verizon G2s. It is a flex case but has a flat black back instead of glossy. Plus it's only $3.97 with free shipping. Figured it is worth a try at that price.

Fosmon DURA Frost SLIM-Fit Case Flexible TPU Cover for LG G2 / Optimus G2 (Black)
Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA Frost SLIM-Fit Case Flexible TPU Cover for LG G2 / Optimus G2 (Black): Electronics

I was trying to post the link to that lol. I just ordered it a half hour ago.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

emmur0

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I went to VZW to check out the two options for cases and left empty handed until something decent comes out. The glossy silicone case was WAY too glossy for me. Reminded me of spit-shined tux shoes. I'm shocked the QuickWindow case carries a $50 price tag.

Loved my TPU case by Diztronic on the GNex. Hopefully they come out with something for VZW.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd get the QuickWindow case, but I hate the idea of having to open the cover every time I use the phone. It's one thing to have that kind of a case with a tablet, but for a phone, I don't know.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd get the QuickWindow case, but I hate the idea of having to open the cover every time I use the phone. It's one thing to have that kind of a case with a tablet, but for a phone, I don't know.

+1 agreed. I want something with a holster with it. They usually have the shell holster combo out by now. Ughhhh

Posted via Android Central App

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I went to VZW to check out the two options for cases and left empty handed until something decent comes out. The glossy silicone case was WAY too glossy for me. Reminded me of spit-shined tux shoes. I'm shocked the QuickWindow case carries a $50 price tag.

Loved my TPU case by Diztronic on the GNex. Hopefully they come out with something for VZW.

I think I mentioned this already, but I have sanded down their high gloss cases twice now with great results. It takes some time and a little grunt work, but your left with a nice matte like, grippy texture that doesnt reflect anything.

---LG G2 via Tapatalk 2---

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38