Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking on Ebay and Amazon and all the cases seem to only be for the non-verizon models which have different back buttons. The amazon reviews go on to say that they won't fit the Verizon model. Has anyone found a case that will definitely fit? Thanks.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the silicone cover when I got the phone last night. I didn't like the window case. I'm gonna on a mad search for a good case so I can take this one back.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)

has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I felt the same way about the price of both cases. The silicone one should only be $5 truthfully. $50 for the quick window case is outrageous. That one should be $20.

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case

No added bulk or weight but it's a b**ch getting it off. I need to find something quick so I can take this back.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.

You tried it already and it doesn't fit at all?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why it wouldn't fit. It seems the worst case scenario is that there's a bit more space around the rear buttons.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I called Poetic and Incipio to make sure they knew the V ver was a bit different fit. Maybe a flexible case will fit in the meantime? I'm not sticking one of those ugly verizon blocks on this phone.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got one called the yessoo. Looks just like the Poetic though. I'll see if it fits monday when the phone comes in.

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I saw those before but couldn't find them again. It was driving me nuts. These seem to be the nicest cases for the G2.

Agreed. I sent them an email to see when they would be available. I'm debating holding off on the Verizon case if it's not too long.