Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking on Ebay and Amazon and all the cases seem to only be for the non-verizon models which have different back buttons. The amazon reviews go on to say that they won't fit the Verizon model. Has anyone found a case that will definitely fit? Thanks.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the silicone cover when I got the phone last night. I didn't like the window case. I'm gonna on a mad search for a good case so I can take this one back.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)

has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I felt the same way about the price of both cases. The silicone one should only be $5 truthfully. $50 for the quick window case is outrageous. That one should be $20.

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case

No added bulk or weight but it's a b**ch getting it off. I need to find something quick so I can take this back.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.

You tried it already and it doesn't fit at all?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why it wouldn't fit. It seems the worst case scenario is that there's a bit more space around the rear buttons.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I called Poetic and Incipio to make sure they knew the V ver was a bit different fit. Maybe a flexible case will fit in the meantime? I'm not sticking one of those ugly verizon blocks on this phone.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got one called the yessoo. Looks just like the Poetic though. I'll see if it fits monday when the phone comes in.

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I saw those before but couldn't find them again. It was driving me nuts. These seem to be the nicest cases for the G2.

Agreed. I sent them an email to see when they would be available. I'm debating holding off on the Verizon case if it's not too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz