Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I'm looking on Ebay and Amazon and all the cases seem to only be for the non-verizon models which have different back buttons. The amazon reviews go on to say that they won't fit the Verizon model. Has anyone found a case that will definitely fit? Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I got the silicone cover when I got the phone last night. I didn't like the window case. I'm gonna on a mad search for a good case so I can take this one back.

    Posted from my awesome Lg G2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I haven't found one yet other than what Verizon had available.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
    I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
    I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)
    has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I got the silicone case from Verizon too. $20. A little high for a basic cover, but I was on a "I am getting a mac daddy phone" high so I bought it. I want the quick window case but $50????!!!! Are you kidding?
    I don't want a case at all. I don't like the added bulk. But my one main complaint about the phone.....it is pretty thin and slick. So holding it without a case, I fear that if I don't pay attention, that the phone will slip out of my hands. My first smartphone (Droid Incredible) was the only smartphone I've had that I was comfortable holding without a case. Every phone I've had since that one seems to be too thin to hold safely. (Droid RAZR, GNex and now LG G2)
    I felt the same way about the price of both cases. The silicone one should only be $5 truthfully. $50 for the quick window case is outrageous. That one should be $20.

    Posted from my awesome Lg G2
    WilburNJ likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
    My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    has the silicone case added a noticeable amount of bulk or weight? i really don't want the quickwindow, and would consider getting the silicone case from verizon if it was a 'barely there' kind of case
    No added bulk or weight but it's a b**ch getting it off. I need to find something quick so I can take this back.

    Posted from my awesome Lg G2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    I ordered the Poetic case and it definitely does not fit the Verizon G2. However, I was just going to use it as a stop-gap until I could find a proper case that fit my needs. I like to use slip cases, which are basically sleeves for the phone that are form-fitted, add very little bulk, and slide in and out easily. As there are no cases currently available for this phone, I am looking for Galaxy S4 Active slip cases (if I can ever find one), which shares about the same dimensions as the G2.
    My justification for using this method is that I want my phone protected in my pocket, but prefer driving naked during regular use. My thought is that a bunch of engineers put a lot of time designing and building these phones, so why bulk it up with a permanent case? I believe all phones, even ones with questionable build quality, can last a long time if properly cared for and protected in high-risk areas.
    You tried it already and it doesn't fit at all?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I don't understand why it wouldn't fit. It seems the worst case scenario is that there's a bit more space around the rear buttons.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    The back of the VG2 is squared off more than the ATT etc. So it depends I guess.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

  13. #13  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by buenos View Post
    That won't fit the verizon model...
    Thanked by:
    kikaha 
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I called Poetic and Incipio to make sure they knew the V ver was a bit different fit. Maybe a flexible case will fit in the meantime? I'm not sticking one of those ugly verizon blocks on this phone.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Thanked by 2:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by Capstrike View Post
    Nice find. Doesn't look like they are available yet though
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Incipio is releasing several in the next few weeks. Should be the nicest cases available for this phone.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I just got one called the yessoo. Looks just like the Poetic though. I'll see if it fits monday when the phone comes in.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by Capstrike View Post
    Thanks! I saw those before but couldn't find them again. It was driving me nuts. These seem to be the nicest cases for the G2.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    Thanks! I saw those before but couldn't find them again. It was driving me nuts. These seem to be the nicest cases for the G2.
    Agreed. I sent them an email to see when they would be available. I'm debating holding off on the Verizon case if it's not too long.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by giants9856 View Post
    Agreed. I sent them an email to see when they would be available. I'm debating holding off on the Verizon case if it's not too long.
    You may want to go with the Verizon jelly case for temporary protection. Hopefully the better ones will be out within 2 weeks and you can return the Verizon case.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    You may want to go with the Verizon jelly case for temporary protection. Hopefully the better ones will be out within 2 weeks and you can return the Verizon case.
    Thanks I decided to go with it and I actually like it a lot. Not sure I'll even get another one at this point.
  23. #23  
    CellGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    I got the jelly one, actually not to bad at all. I'm really waiting on holster shell combo, but this will do in the meantime.

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
    You tried it already and it doesn't fit at all?
    Yeah, the difference between the models is significant enough that the case corners can't properly click into place on the edges of the bezel. Tried forcing it as much as I could without breaking it.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Case for Verizon Model besides QuickWindow????

    Quote Originally Posted by giants9856 View Post
    Thanks I decided to go with it and I actually like it a lot. Not sure I'll even get another one at this point.
    Yeah, I decided to go with the VZW jelly case as as stop-gap, as well. I don't mind the shape and size of the case, and I like the opening around the rear keys and camera, and that the hole for the microUSB is big enough; but I HATE that it's a glossy fingerprint magnet just like the back cover of the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    Yeah, the difference between the models is significant enough that the case corners can't properly click into place on the edges of the bezel. Tried forcing it as much as I could without breaking it.
    Thank you for this information; I was considering this, as well. Really can't wait til the Spigen SlimArmor is available.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 08:04 PM
  2. Root for Droid series gets public release
    By 4R69l in forum Droid MAXX Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM
  3. Back cover for G2
    By Xtremeyouth1 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:08 PM
  4. Up for the Upgrade
    By Jsteere212 in forum Sprint HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 04:37 PM
  5. Wireless & Networks settings for better battery life
    By Mustachio in forum Motorola Droid 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions