Nova launcher

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tired nova launcher and how does it look on the g2? Any pictures would be appreciated.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Home screen transitions lag as well.... I'm a longtime user of nova, but the stock launcher is so good, I'm not missing nova at all!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Folks over at XDA report that Nova Launcher works with knock-knock and you can even put it to sleep by knocking near the top of the notification bar. Perhaps it was updated very recently?

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
No lag in nova for me at all, in fact this thing flies with nova.

Just wish I knew what activity was used for knock knock so we could set a double tap to turn the screen off.

Posted via Android Central App

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
No lag in nova for me at all, in fact this thing flies with nova.

Just wish I knew what activity was used for knock knock so we could set a double tap to turn the screen off.

Well, in the meantime, you can download an app from the market that turns screen off and assign it to the double tap gesture.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been a big Nova proponent for years. I was running it on my GNex running various Cyanogen Mod Roms for almost 2 years.
The LG UI is quite good. I really like it. Not having another app loaded in memory is also a plus. So I am sticking with the LG UI.

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Folks over at XDA report that Nova Launcher works with knock-knock and you can even put it to sleep by knocking near the top of the notification bar. Perhaps it was updated very recently?

As I understand it, the double knock feature will turn off the screen only when you tap on an unused portion of the screen or on the notification bar. Because Nova take over all the real estate of the phone (except the notification bar), the G2 thinks any part of the screen is occupied, even if there's no icon in a particular spot when running Nova. So, the only way to double-knock the phone to sleep is to do it on the notification screen. That works just fine for me. I'm not seeing any lag either. So far, so good....

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I spent about a day with the LG UI before installing Nova. While this was the first time I was actually considering sticking with a stock UI, there were some features of Nova that are must-have for me. I love being able to swipe down anywhere on the home screen to bring down the notification window, and with the large screen real estate, it prevents me from straining my thumb to reach the top of the screen. I tried putting the window drop-down button in the navigation bar, but I usually drive with my left hand, and reaching across the screen to hit that button was just about as strenuous as reaching the top of the screen. Also, being able to launch a second app from the bottom bar by swiping up on the primary app icon was very useful to me. Finally, the knock-off feature still works in the notification window, and quite well I might add. I never have any free space on my home screens anyways, so being able to knock-off from any open space would not be useful to me.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it, the double knock feature will turn off the screen only when you tap on an unused portion of the screen or on the notification bar. Because Nova take over all the real estate of the phone (except the notification bar), the G2 thinks any part of the screen is occupied, even if there's no icon in a particular spot when running Nova. So, the only way to double-knock the phone to sleep is to do it on the notification screen. That works just fine for me. I'm not seeing any lag either. So far, so good....
Will double tapping the area at the verizon logo work? That area seemed to recognize taps when I tried it in the store, but maybe it was just a residual effect.

Last edited:

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So the knock on works but some people are having trouble with the knock off?

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I spent about a day with the LG UI before installing Nova. While this was the first time I was actually considering sticking with a stock UI, there were some features of Nova that are must-have for me. I love being able to swipe down anywhere on the home screen to bring down the notification window, and with the large screen real estate, it prevents me from straining my thumb to reach the top of the screen. I tried putting the window drop-down button in the navigation bar, but I usually drive with my left hand, and reaching across the screen to hit that button was just about as strenuous as reaching the top of the screen. Also, being able to launch a second app from the bottom bar by swiping up on the primary app icon was very useful to me. Finally, the knock-off feature still works in the notification window, and quite well I might add. I never have any free space on my home screens anyways, so being able to knock-off from any open space would not be useful to me.

I definitely miss all of the gestures I had assigned with Nova. I miss the scrolling dock as well. I got around the dock issue by just moving everything up onto another screen, but I'd still like to have it. I think knockon is one of the most useful features on the phone, especially with the buttons being on the back and the fact that I can never feel them back there.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Even if it did make Knock-knock not work is knock-knock that important to you. My Sony tablet allows me to wake it up by double-tapping on the screen. I wouldn't give up Nova Prime for that feature. ...but I don't understand everything that knock-knock is supposed to do...would you explain it a little? Yes, I know I can google it but most don't mind explaining their gadgets.

EDIT: I googled it. Its basically the same feature I have but expanded and more important because of the button placement. Hmmm...So a different launcher breaks this functionality? That rather sux.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Even if it did make Knock-knock not work is knock-knock that important to you. My Sony tablet allows me to wake it up by double-tapping on the screen. I wouldn't give up Nova Prime for that feature. ...but I don't understand everything that knock-knock is supposed to do...would you explain it a little? Yes, I know I can google it but most don't mind explaining their gadgets.

EDIT: I googled it. Its basically the same feature I have but expanded and more important because of the button placement. Hmmm...So a different launcher breaks this functionality? That rather sux.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Although you already figured it out a bit, knock on is huge with the G2 because of the placement of the buttons. Have it I haven't had to touch the buttons on the back of the phone and they are hard enough to find as it is anyway.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love the tap tap feature, but does anyone have trouble sometimes to where you have to tap multiple times to get it to work? I can't find a particular thing I'm doing when it doesn't work. I would love to know how it's working for everyone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01