Verizon reps are lost about the G2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey look i like verizon.. I stick up for verizon all of the time (if u read my post u will see) i however always keep it 100%... So yesterday as I continue my research on whether I'll get the G2 or Note3 i go into verizon... And they know me by name in this location... Hey what do u guys think of the G2... "the what?"(vzw reps) u know the phone u just put out today.." oh uuh well idk its an LG" well looks like u know nothing about the Optimus line its probably the best phone in your store.. And it's cheaper than some of the others.. U can sell tons.. The reps then start looking at the specs.. "Oh wow"....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Same experience. I called to make sure the store had one on demo, I get put on hold while he had to go ask if they had the phone. I get to the store, I say I wanted to see the LG G2 and I get this dumb look and I was like the phone you JUST put out. I got pointed to it and on the walk over the sales guy is looking up the specs on his tablet and then reading them off to me as if I didn't know already (come on, I just came in asking for a phone you didn't know existed...) Any question I had couldn't be answered without consulting the tablet. At least he got stuck with some LG phone as his work phone so he at least knew a little about reliability etc. He admitted that the G2 seems like quite a phone.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I also had the same experience. Went to a local Verizon store that is supposed to be one of their flagship stores in the area. Asked about the G2. Got blank stares. None on display. A supervisor standing nearby heard me and said those are the phones they just got in the other day. They pulled a brand new one from the back for me to look at and play with. Couldn't do much with it because it kept saying it was trying to activate and couldn't get past that screen. But it is a beautiful phone. Slimmer than I thought it would be and lighter too. What I did see on the screen looked great. I didn't mind the rear buttons at all. (The rep was surprised they were there and even more surprised when I showed her there were no buttons on the sides). She kept reading the specs off her tablet and was shocked at the high performance of the phone.

Oh well, I guess LG is keeping this phone just for the high tech folks. (Which is OK with me.)

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with my order online so had to call them and she didn't know what it was either.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Here is a funny one. At the Verizon store I went to there was a LG Rep there and even he didn't know About the app to widget feature. This only works for certain apps like the calender if you have the calender app icon on the screen and you want to change it to a widget just long press and hold down on the icon and and a Border will appear allowing you to expand into a widget.
It's a shame because I believe this phone deserves a more appreciation than what it is getting from Verizon. I made the leap the first day and bought it. Its not perfect but no phone ever will. That being said my only regret is i couldn't resist buying one before the white one came out. Otherwise I would have the white one.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store and they asked what I was there for and I said to look at the new phone that came out today. The lady said "the Moto X?" I said no the one that came out today and she said "the droid phones have been out for a few weeks." I said the new LG phone and she said there was a "LG rep over there" and pointed. The Rep was very honest and very helpful, He let me play around on his personal phone and we talked for quite a while. He did however tell me that he was pissed because it was the 4th verizon store he had been to that day and only one of the three had a phone out on display and that was the mall kiosk.

hezamakiah

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I had the same experience when I went in to purchase my LG G2. The manager went back into the office and pulled a box out with one in it, "We were supposed to put this up today. Oops." So he told the clerk who was helping me to pull a sim card from another display phone which led to the display alarms going off causing more havoc. The clerk helping me asked me about the phone and I told him specs left and right and how the LG G2's benchmarks trumped all other devices currently out (rightfully so, but benchmarks are not real indicative of anything). Either way, I got the phone because I've been waiting for it since I was still rocking my HTC Thunderbolt. No more unlimited data for me, oh well, I don't use much anyway and paying out of box price for a phone in my eyes is absurd.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You could have titled this thread "Verizon reps are lost..." and left it at that. I know not all are like that, but most are. I understand that maybe they don't get paid well or whatever, but have some pride in your work. Take that extra step and learn about the products, keep up to date, inform the consumer. You know, try to succeed.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a funny one. At the Verizon store I went to there was a LG Rep there and even he didn't know About the app to widget feature. This only works for certain apps like the calender if you have the calender app icon on the screen and you want to change it to a widget just long press and hold down on the icon and and a Border will appear allowing you to expand into a widget.
It's a shame because I believe this phone deserves a more appreciation than what it is getting from Verizon. I made the leap the first day and bought it. Its not perfect but no phone ever will. That being said my only regret is i couldn't resist buying one before the white one came out. Otherwise I would have the white one.

When will the white one be available?

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
When will the white one be available?

I asked the LG rep at the store who had been very honest about everything with me. He said that he really wasn't sure when the white one would be available. and that he hasn't heard anything at all about it except that it is coming. He also was unsure if it was coming to all carriers.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You could have titled this thread "Verizon reps are lost..." and left it at that. I know not all are like that, but most are. I understand that maybe they don't get paid well or whatever, but have some pride in your work. Take that extra step and learn about the products, keep up to date, inform the consumer. You know, try to succeed.

This. So much this. I guess most people are easily persuaded to buy things on the recommendation of simpletons with a big smile on their face and a few marketing terms coming out of their mouths.

Posted via Android Central App

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey look i like verizon.. I stick up for verizon all of the time (if u read my post u will see) i however always keep it 100%... So yesterday as I continue my research on whether I'll get the G2 or Note3 i go into verizon... And they know me by name in this location... Hey what do u guys think of the G2... "the what?"(vzw reps) u know the phone u just put out today.." oh uuh well idk its an LG" well looks like u know nothing about the Optimus line its probably the best phone in your store.. And it's cheaper than some of the others.. U can sell tons.. The reps then start looking at the specs.. "Oh wow"....

I went to the store.. they didn't even have one out for display.. they didn't know anything about it really and it took the guy 10 minutes in the back room before he returned with a unit to show me.

but to top it off they didnt even have a moto x on display either.. and that came out a while ago.

My impression from the verizon store was it was 98% iphone accessories. the stores are basically there for the idiots that buy whatever the verizon employees tell them to buy.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Its all about what phones verizon wants to push more than others they will put some in the back and try to persuade you to get a higher priced phone or even a diff os all carriers do it unless you have an honest phone geek there most are going to be oblivious and only go after higher priced phones that verizon wants to push to make more$$$

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I went to the store.. they didn't even have one out for display.. they didn't know anything about it really and it took the guy 10 minutes in the back room before he returned with a unit to show me.

but to top it off they didnt even have a moto x on display either.. and that came out a while ago.

My impression from the verizon store was it was 98% iphone accessories. the stores are basically there for the idiots that buy whatever the verizon employees tell them to buy.

See verizon is naturally going to push exclusives such as the droid line up first and foremost and with bigger price tags remember these sells reps salivate over commissions

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse but, as I mentioned in another post, I had a similar experience when I stopped in a store on the 12th: they had absolutely no clue about the phone, or even whether they had it in the store. Too bad, cuz I'm lovin' this baby. ;)

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I knew what I wanted when I walked into the store. Didn't see a G2 on display so I politely asked a rep if her store had any G2s in stock yet because I was aware that some locations hadn't received any on launch day. She said she would check. In a few moments she returned with one, removing it from its box as she approached. I thanked her for getting one for me and asked if she could activate it so that I could check it. She smiled and said sure and proceeded to prepare it. She handed the activated G2 to me and I put it through my tests. I asked her if there were anymore in stock because I would like to purchase one. She said yes and set off to retrieve one for me. At the counter, as she processed my G2, I bantered with the reps about the G2 and other new devices that were out. We talked about the new iPhone. Once my G2 was successfully activated, I graciously thanked the rep for her help, bid all the reps a good day and left the store 100% satisfied with the sales transaction.

Last edited:

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I walked into Verizon yesterday to look at the Moto X demo and the LG G2 demo. I was playing with the G2 and the rep came up to me and started talking to me. The phone had demo software on it so I couldn't get the Slide Aside to work. I asked him about it and he said "the what?" I clarified, and he was like "what phone is this anyway?" I chuckled.

Personally it is no big deal to me if the reps don't know anything because I'm an uber-geek and do my research. I schooled him on the specs of that and the features of the Moto X and he looked a bit sheepish at the end. I told him which features to point out when he sells them and wished him the best.

I hate that the few complacent give the whole industry a bad name, but it really should be a requirement to be familiar with the devices if you work there. My husband managed a Sprint store and he was big on that too being a gadget guy himself.

So yeah, not all reps are bad but the ones who are sure do make for funny stories =P

MagicTalkingTaco

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the weirdest looks about a month ago when I went in to ask about the G2, they thought i was getting my phones confused. On the bright side at least they had their **** together when I went in yesterday to pick up the phone.

Capstrike

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I had just the opposite experience! The rep knew everything about the phone and was telling me all about how awesome it is and all the specs.

But wow didn't even have any in the store!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci