Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JTastic42
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Verizon LG G2 won't stay connected to 4G

My new G2 will boot up and immediately go to 4G LTE but then goes to 3G and never will return to 4G. Anyone else have this issue?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon LG G2 won't stay connected to 4G

I'm also having that issue. After talking to a Verizon rep on the phone, it's probably either the sim or the phone. I'll post again when I have a chance to go into the store.

Not having this issue at all. Mine connects and stays connected to 4G where my Galaxy Nexus used to stay on 3G.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTastic42 View Post
    I'm also having that issue. After talking to a Verizon rep on the phone, it's probably either the sim or the phone. I'll post again when I have a chance to go into the store.
    I appreciate that.

I haven't noticed that issue but I am on WiFi most of the time. I will shut WiFi off and see how 4G is on mine.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_PLBs View Post
    I appreciate that.
    Well after making the trip, it was definitely a faulty SIM. After a quick swap, 4G has been rock solid.
    Goingcarcrazy likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Mine was the SIM card as well. Been fantastic ever since I swapped it Friday. The Verizon guy told me to always ask for a new SIM if they are preloaded in the device whenever you buy a new phone.

I have had the same issue as you all did. I have an old sims card that was in my old droid 4 phone. My coverage kept losing 4g and no matter what I did no 4g in sight. I have a sims card that came with the lg g2 and after a long time of suffering with this problem I called tech support. He tracked down the problem to the sims card I had in the phone. Long story short the problem lies in the old sims card. The old card was primary a 3g card so the device would try to go to 4g and it did on a temp basis but after a 2 to 3 minute period it would never go back to 4g without the reboot. I had tech support check it out and after we activated the proper sims card...poof... all better! The problem lies in the sims card. Call tech support and it will fix your problem. Hope this helps everyone by offering a solution and exposing the problem so everyone understands the issue..
    Thanked by: