Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow charge? Use a proper charging cable!

I keep seeing people talking about how their non-LG branded cables are giving them the slow charge message.

FYI - It has nothing to do with the brand of the cable (read: you don't have to have a "LG" or "OEM" cable). Look at the plug of your cable. If the "output" isn't close to 2 amps, you will likely get the slow charge indicator REGARDLESS of cable brand.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a 2 amp charger. This phone has a 1.8 amp charger out-of-the-box.

You have to expect that as these phones become more powerful, with larger batteries, faster processors, etc. That their power needs will increase as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Slow charge? Use a proper charging cable!

Second day with the G2. I noticed a new icon on notification bar. It is the slow charging icon. I am using the provided cable and charger. Have turned phone off and on. Have insured that both cables are in completely. Have moved to my higher powered tablet charger, all to no avail. Still low charging icon.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I noticed somebody else in a different post with a similar problem, and it turned out they had a bad cable (charger itself was good, just the cable was bad I think). Although, you've obviously already tried a different cable, so I don't know in your case.

I have plugged mine in with my Galaxy S4 charger, the LG charger it came with, a no-name 2 amp charger, and a tablet charger for my Tab and all of them have worked fine with no "slow charge" indicators. Only when I plugged it into ~1 amp or less did I get the "slow charge" indicator.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

This also can happen if you're using the supplied "oem" charger but have it plugged into an lower amp outlet, ie hotel nightstands and lamps with outlets, or cheap power strips. If your plugging in to an outlet like this, check from a regular wall outlet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

I'll have to keep an eye on this. I had hear people complaining about slow charging, so was blown away last night when I plugged it into a wall outlet at 12% and looked it about an hour or 90 minutes later at it was at 100%.

I can only get full charging with oem cable AND charger. Ive tried a note 2 charger and cable, a 2 amp car charger, and a nexus 7 charger. Ive mixed and matched cables around with no luck. You must use the one it came with. Hoping the dev community can help with this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Just got my VZW g2 and it's not charging. I've used my nexus 4 n 7 charges and nothing, I don't have a house per say just my tractor. Don't have issues charging any device except this G2. Seems pretty lame a tablet charger can't charge it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Just got my VZW g2 and it's not charging. I've used my nexus 4 n 7 charges and nothing, I don't have a house per say just my tractor. Don't have issues charging any device except this G2. Seems pretty lame a tablet charger can't charge it. Been at 0% for half hour with it plugged into its stock cord, n plug and still rocking 0%. Going to bed hope it's charged by 6am or I'll be mad.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Same problem here (with a Verizon LG G2). I can't get the thing to charge -- no matter what combination of chargers/cables I use.

Has to be a design flaw or something. I've never experience this sort of charging issue with any other device (and I'm always using a variety of USB cables/chargers).

Add me to the list of those who are having the same issue. I'm starting to thing it's an issue with the LG G2. I've seen complaints with Spring and Verizon. My LG G2 is with sprint. I'm using the wall charger and the USB cable that it came with . I am getting "slow charging every time. And it really means it. I have left charging to the wall for 3 hours, and it only went up like 2 percent. I literally had to leaving charger overnight to get it to show 100%. I don't know if it's a setting on the phone, or if it's just corrupt. But this is an issue.

could be a bad charger... not the cable. have a nexus 4 and the first one had a bad charger... would take hours just to go a few percent like you mentioned. they replaced the nexus (because they cant send only a charger, had to be a whole new phone with charger lol), problem solved. there were a number of nexus 4 owners posting about it. didnt trust them and ended up buying an andru charger... quality piece.

the stock g2 charger is really fast! 90 min tops for a full charge and we're talking 3000 mA battery right? hope the charger doesnt go bad like the 4's did.
    my andru charger charges at 1A but i dont recall it giving me a low charge icon... will have to look for it next time i use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazai Pact View Post
    Add me to the list of those who are having the same issue. I'm starting to thing it's an issue with the LG G2. I've seen complaints with Spring and Verizon. My LG G2 is with sprint. I'm using the wall charger and the USB cable that it came with . I am getting "slow charging every time. And it really means it. I have left charging to the wall for 3 hours, and it only went up like 2 percent. I literally had to leaving charger overnight to get it to show 100%. I don't know if it's a setting on the phone, or if it's just corrupt. But this is an issue.

Verizon G2 is a very special phone. During we R&D the Battery Case of Verizon G2, I test many original USB cables and Chargers, we defined which condition will make Verizon G2 “slow charging” and “normal charging” and I want to share, actually no much theory on it:
    If the Verizon G2 battery over around 70%, many 1A chargers or cables going to charge no “slow charging” will happen. Under 70%, many chargers or cables, plug-in will have “slow charging”, because the battery inside Verizon G2 is too dry. I think many G2 users have this experience too.
    By my testing, here some cables and chargers combination will not happen “slow charging” even the battery inside is dry(0%):

Any 1.5A Brandname charger or over + Nokia CA-1010 cable
    Any 1.5A Brandname charger or over + Nokia CA-179 cable(LONG CABLE)
    Any 1.5A Brandname charger or over + SonyEricsson EC300 cable
    Any 1.5A Brandname charger or over + BlackBerry Original short USB cable(0.3m)
    Samsung ETA-U90UWE 2A Charger + it’s original cable

I hope this info can help any Verizon G2 users confusing about that
    Thanked by:

Sorry, but I am still confused, can someone post a link to amazon for a charger you are talking about.
    Thanks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Someone in the LG G2 forum suggested this home charger, Amazon.com: Blackberry Folding Blade Charger for Playbook (Black): Computers & Accessories I purchased 2 and have had no problems. Eliminated the "slow charging" notifications and it charges pretty quickly like the one packaged w/ the phone.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Phaze View Post
    Someone in the LG G2 forum suggested this home charger, Amazon.com: Blackberry Folding Blade Charger for Playbook (Black): Computers & Accessories I purchased 2 and have had no problems. Eliminated the "slow charging" notifications and it charges pretty quickly like the one packaged w/ the phone.
    I have this charger and can confirm it works.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
    Thanked by:

Thanks. I am a bit confused with all this. I have three OEM motorola chargers from 2009 when I bought a Razr V9 and Moto bluetooth ear piece that I never used and are in new condition. The OEM number is SPN5674A. Input says 0.15A, output says 5.0v 500ma. Does anyone know if these would work with a G2? Or do I need something newer since our phones have bigger batteries? I want to have what is best for my new G2. If mine are too old and outdated, I will look at that Blackberry one. Thanks all

I can charge my phone with around 10% battery left to 100% in less than 2 hours.

My G2 is D802 and comes with USB cable with specs as follow:
    - 28AWGX2C (standard data)
    - 20AWGX2C (power conductor) note that the lower the first two digits the better because it's thicker and has lower electrical resistant.

The charger is normal LG travel charger with output of 5.0V, 1.8A

reference:

Not having the phone yet, how slow is "slow charging"?

Sounds like it is better than BlackBerry where you get a message that the charger is not compatible and it stops charging, right?

Will Nexus 7 (2013) cable work? How about Nexus 4? What is I get the 2Amp griffin Mini USB and AC adaptor

Where can you buy the oem charger from?

Using standard cable, LG G2 is the fastest charging device I ever owned.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

The 'slow charging' never bothered me but it now appears gone since applying the OTA update on the Verizon version. I've been using a SGS3 charger with a generic cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdroid View Post
    The 'slow charging' never bothered me but it now appears gone since applying the OTA update on the Verizon version. I've been using a SGS3 charger with a generic cable.
    Same here,No slow charging after update

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

if it is not the cable, why won't it charge in my car cigarette lighter?

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jgren View Post
    Same here,No slow charging after update
    It isn't saying it anymore, but is it still "slow charging"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast