1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default G2 or HTC One

I know they are different phones size and spec wise but some of you left the One for the G2 so I figured I would see what you think. I love choices especially all the phones are getting closer with each other with just their variants. I almost got out of bed early to go to BB and pick up a new phone just can't commit... Same old story I know but gotta luv your gadgets...

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: G2 or HTC One

Between the two? The HTC One. However, were I buying a new phone I would not buy either of those.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    Live long and prosper.

I had the One for close to two weeks and the only area that it had a clear advantage in over the G2, was the front firing speakers. No two ways about it, they were awesome. But for screen size coupled with sharpness, camera quality, battery life and features, the G2 is clearly superior IMO.

I switched and haven't looked back.

I am looking to switch from the One to a G2. The HTC is great, but I want a bigger screen and even better battery life. I'll miss the speakers though. :-)

G2 hands down. Only thing HTC One does better is sound. Volume on the G2 sucks.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I'm already hearing that the G2 has questionable build quality. Folks opening up their phones, taking them out of the packaging, and buttons falling off.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    Live long and prosper.

I have the HTC One and have no desire to switch to G2. If you could walk into your local dealer and do a side comparison. See which phone u like better. Make your choice from there.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Spec wise the G2 has it over the HTC one, but it really depends on your needs.
    If you are media-junkie there is absolutely nothing better than those front facing speakers. Unless you are constantly using headphones.

I haven't had a chance to play too much with the G2 but the speed and the Slide Aside features are awesome. The speaker is on the bottom of the phone unlike the back on a bunch of other models (the S4 has the speaker on the back, I still can't figure out how to hold it to maximize the sound, it's very very annoying). So at least you can point the sound toward you by how you hold the G2.

The speakers on the One are just so awesome. I really wish more phones had that. I love watching videos and stuff on my phone, if I wasn't so anti-sense (it's just so boring to me) and if it had a 5 inch screen I would be all over it.

Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    iPhone 5s & Galaxy Note 8 Tablet

I just traded out my one for the g2. Much nicer