Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    The screen almost becomes a S3 screen with those software buttons..kinda defeats the whole 5.2 screen..with that one whole inch gone due to the buttons. Does root or any mods help it autohide?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Love this phone also but feel the same way. Really thought they would autohide. Seems like they do sometimes like in YouTube vids but not games?makes no sense
  3. #3  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkel19 View Post
    The screen almost becomes a S3 screen with those software buttons..kinda defeats the whole 5.2 screen..with that one whole inch gone due to the buttons. Does root or any mods help it autohide?
    The buttons on your phone take up an entire inch? I'd return that device and make sure you check the new one before leaving the store because the buttons on my unit protrude about a quarter of an inch into the screen.
    The software buttons are only meant to autohide when video viewing and game playing. I don't want the buttons to autohide when I'm navigating other areas of the phone because if they autohide, you have to constantly tap the screen to unhide them.
    Either way, go check on that inch.
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Root your phone. Download auto hide soft keys from the play store.
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    The buttons on your phone take up an entire inch? I'd return that device and make sure you check the new one before leaving the store because the buttons on my unit protrude about a quarter of an inch into the screen.
    The software buttons are only meant to autohide when video viewing and game playing. I don't want the buttons to autohide when I'm navigating other areas of the phone because if they autohide, you have to constantly tap the screen to unhide them.
    Either way, go check on that inch.
    Mine don't disappear when playing games?

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    GeekMoxie's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    I may be one of the minority that do not like the on-screen buttons. I prefer to have as much screen real estate as possible.
    My S4 makes me happy in this regard, but it looks like there is a strong shift to on screen buttons so I may just have to get used to it.

    Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    iPhone 5s & Galaxy Note 8 Tablet
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    For some reason mine don't hide when I watch YouTube, can I force hide them?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicTalkingTaco View Post
    For some reason mine don't hide when I watch YouTube, can I force hide them?
    Try tapping the screen once the video starts also are you using the app or browser?

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicTalkingTaco View Post
    For some reason mine don't hide when I watch YouTube, can I force hide them?
    I noticed that on videos the buttons auto hid some of the time. The same thing happens with some games. I'm at a loss. But it's not near the top of my list so I'm cool with it.
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Thx for the help. Using the app solved that problem. Thx again.
    Brandon Worley likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicTalkingTaco View Post
    Thx for the help. Using the app solved that problem. Thx again.
    You're welcome, enjoy this beast

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    I agree with folks that don't like on screen buttons. To me it is a waste of screen real estate. I much prefer capacitive buttons.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I agree with folks that don't like on screen buttons. To me it is a waste of screen real estate. I much prefer capacitive buttons.
    I have mixed emotions about capacitive buttons. Yes, it's nice they leave you with a bit more screen real estate, but it's a pain when you're in the dark, the capacitive buttons have timed out, and you have to feel around for them.
  14. #14  
    mzimand's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Worley View Post
    Root your phone. Download auto hide soft keys from the play store.
    Awesome app.
    Brandon Worley likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    thanks for the awesome APP!!! god this phone is awesome...got the hyperion black TPU case..black on black making it look SICK now.
  16. #16  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Some games n apps may not have the code to auto hide the softkeys. What does the media call it more fragmentation ;-)

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  17. #17  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    There's more customization with these keys then other keys more nexus like.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I agree with folks that don't like on screen buttons. To me it is a waste of screen real estate. I much prefer capacitive buttons.
    With capacitive buttons its impossible to whittle the bezels down to the size that the g2 has.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    modern likes this.
  19. #19  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    I have mixed emotions about capacitive buttons. Yes, it's nice they leave you with a bit more screen real estate, but it's a pain when you're in the dark, the capacitive buttons have timed out, and you have to feel around for them.
    I have been using a Note 2 for almost 6 months. I keep the capacitive button lights off. I have never had an issue finding them in the dark and MUCH prefer them off the screen and not lit...just now I went for the space button and hit the home button...grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    With capacitive buttons its impossible to whittle the bezels down to the size that the g2 has.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    The bottom bezel of the Note 2 and G2 are literally the same size. If Samsung could fit them in, LG could have too. The lack of capacitive buttons is a major letdown with this phone IMO.


    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    I have been using a Note 2 for almost 6 months. I keep the capacitive button lights off. I have never had an issue finding them in the dark and MUCH prefer them off the screen and not lit...just now I went for the space button and hit the home button...grrr.


    The bottom bezel of the Note 2 and G2 are literally the same size. If Samsung could fit them in, LG could have too. The lack of capacitive buttons is a major letdown with this phone IMO.


    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
    To each there own really. I like them and one of the reasons I got it. Just hope a software update adds a feature to remove on certain apps. Its a cleaner look to me

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    How can it be cleaner that no keys @ all? They pop up in every game too, LOL.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Email the developer to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    How can it be cleaner that no keys @ all? They pop up in every game too, LOL.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  23. #23  

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    It seems every time I read a phone review and this issue is discussed, it seems the concensus is they don't like capacitive buttons. I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.
  24. #24  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Some of the games minimize the onscreen buttons to little dots. Though the whole bar still takes up 1/2 an inch or more of screen space that's completely unnecessary. There was PLENTY OF BEZEL for them to have put proper capacitive buttons. Then simply provide the option to have those buttons display on for 15/30/1min/2min/5min/10min, or OFF, or always on. 3 buttons, all capacitive (none of this silly push button business like the Note has), menu, home, return. That simple.
  25. #25  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Some of the games minimize the onscreen buttons to little dots. Though the whole bar still takes up 1/2 an inch or more of screen space that's completely unnecessary. There was PLENTY OF BEZEL for them to have put proper capacitive buttons. Then simply provide the option to have those buttons display on for 15/30/1min/2min/5min/10min, or OFF, or always on. 3 buttons, all capacitive (none of this silly push button business like the Note has), menu, home, return. That simple.
    Seriously, There's a problem with your phone if the on-screen buttons take up half an inch or more of screen space.

    And no, there wasn't any bezel room for capacitive buttons. If you look at pictures of the G2 and GS4, you'll see that the G2 has less bezel.

    The biggest advantage of on-screen buttons is that you can customize them to your liking or even keep them hid with a ROM like ParanoidAndroid. With capacitive buttons, they're stuck there forever.
    moosc likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 03:23 PM
  2. Phone not charging
    By Ashlynsmommy in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 09:38 AM
  3. How to install TWRP update
    By theST1G332156 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 12:25 AM
  4. good ways to extend battery life?
    By preppystud in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 10:34 AM
  5. Bugs fixed in Dolphin Browser Beta 10.0.4 and adjust to Beta 2
    By asherking in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

B