Less complaining and more praising

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Instead of complaining about the phone we should be talking about how nice it is. I am excited to get mine next week but after reading all of these negative post about the phone worries me. Tell me the features and things you love about the phone. There is always stuff you will love and hate about any new phone.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I love the screen. kills the gs4 screen, def. I love the battery! it lasts forever. camera is pretty great too, and the 60fps 1080p video is amazing.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard many people talk about the screen. I am glad to hear the screen looks better than the s4 because the screen on that phone looks amazing.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You are correct, this phone deserves accolades for being a very fine device. One that I hope gets the attention and recognition it should have. Many come here to posts problems they have and seek advice about solutions and it may appear that problems outweigh the many positive experiences people are having. But I would expect the positives far outweigh the negatives except we have tendency to be less vocal about the good aspects. From my perspective and experience, I have owned iPhones since the original through the 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s and 5. Late last year I tried the Lumia 900 and then the Lumia 920 WP8 devices, don't get me started on that! Been through the GS3, GS4 and GS4 Active. Still have an Htc One DE (it's for sale now if anyone wants it). Now I have the AT&T LG G2 and feel as though I have finally found cell phone nirvana.

Of all the phones I have had and there were quite a few, this is by far the best for me. It has all the hardware attributes I was looking for and wanted. The software has all the features I needed. The stock UI offers the smoothness, fast response and level of customization without needing a third party launcher that I enjoy. The added features of the native UI skin give me truly useful capabilities and not unnecessary gimmicks that bloat and weigh down the experience.

There are many good devices available today. What works for one person may not be the best for another. For me though, the G2 is the one phone that suits my every need. It is an exceptional phone. Life's Good...

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Instead of complaining about the phone we should be talking about how nice it is. I am excited to get mine next week but after reading all of these negative post about the phone worries me.
I used to feel that way too... until I realized that no matter how great a phone is, there will always be plenty of people with "issues" and negative threads, half of which are due to user error. It happens to every phone on every forum. So many thread titles are so misleading too. Instead of making a statement that something is not working it should be more of a question. But the G2 has consistently been given positive reviews. I've watched almost every youtube video on this thing and it is a winner IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Instead of complaining about the phone we should be talking about how nice it is. I am excited to get mine next week but after reading all of these negative post about the phone worries me. Tell me the features and things you love about the phone. There is always stuff you will love and hate about any new phone.

I actually prefer a little of both, especially before I purchase a device. Although I'm going put it to the test myself, I want to know beforehand some of the issues or bugs people are finding with a device so that I can look for those items. For that reason, I always check the bug threads to look for trends. The bug thread might be the most valuable thread on a board.
Having said that, OP, I beg your pardon while I get my complaints out of the way: I DESPISE the feel of the rear cover. I have no problem with plastic. Hell I own a BMW and my wife owns an Audi and they're loaded with plastic. But it's the coating on the polycarbonate that renders the surface sticky and greasy. The back of the G2 tends to look hideous with all the smudges. I never use cases but I might be forced to with my G2 because it's just uncomfortable to hold sometimes.
The speaker volume is lower than the average I think. Not unusable but a bit lower than competing devices. Although call volume has been exemplary. The UI is a bit too TouchWizzy for my taste but Nova Launcher came to the rescue.
Now for some balance.
I must say this G2 is a fascinating device. I love the depth of customization available. LG has implemented a bunch of nice innovative touches throughout the device. The screen might be the best on the current market. The device is blazing fast. Battery life with heavy use is stellar in my usage. Love the form factor. Borrows some S4 styling cues yet sets itself apart enough not to look like a clone. I'm totally sold on the rear buttons because, though far from necessary, it's a unique feature to the G2 that adds intrigue much like the HTC One's front facing speakers. I happen to use my device to talk to clients throughout my workday. I think the dialer set up is the best looking I've ever seen on a device it's simple, understated and handsome. Compare the G2 dialer to the S4 dialer. Of course we all already know about the most powerful engine ever sandwiched inside a device. I wish I had a second G2 that I could crack open to see how LG managed to cram a 3000 Mah battery in with all that processing power yet keep the G2's waistline so svelte. Wireless charging! Enuf sed.
This G2, though not perfect, can definitely hang out with the big boys. It bests them in alot of areas, meets them in some and falls short in others.
I think the G2 is the best overall device on the market.
Can LG slow down the Samsung juggernaut? On name recognition alone no. But if LG can advertise the G2 shrewdly and create some buz and get folks to step out of the box, I think so.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What complaining? This is the best Android device out.

Posted via Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I don't see a lot of complaining about this phone. And it's just the nature of people to come to a forum to complain for the most part. I have yet to see a "Well guys, returning my G2" thread and it's been nice.

I've only see positive reviews of this phone. It has it's growing pains like any new phone, but seems to be a well liked. I like mine and no phone is perfect, but this one meets my needs and that's all that matters to me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wait. Wait! Wait just a cotton-pick'n minute! I just read that the Moto X was the best phone out. Last week I read somewherez in AC's forums that the HTC One was the best phone to get. ...and I read elsewhere that the S4 is hands-down the best. A lot of people are saying the Note 3 is king of the hill. So now the G2 is the best?

No wonder some folks get confused and get iPhones? (yuk)

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes this thing is a beast indeed. I would also agree about it being in the top 5 on the market right now. The ability to customize most things on this phone without a ROM is very welcoming. Only a few things I would change given the chance.

Posted via Android Central App

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait. Wait! Wait just a cotton-pick'n minute! I just read that the Moto X was the best phone out. Last week I read somewherez in AC's forums that the HTC One was the best phone to get. ...and I read elsewhere that the S4 is hands-down the best. A lot of people are saying the Note 3 is king of the hill. So now the G2 is the best?

No wonder some folks get confused and get iPhones? (yuk)

Those are true statements. I'm sure you have a device on mind that you think best meets your needs thus in your opinion is the best.
Perhaps people who can't make their minds for themselves which device is best, end up with iPhones. I don't know about that. But I do know that all the devices you listed are currently at your disposal at the various mobile stores. So do some due diligence and make a determination for yourself which is the best device. It's much less stressful that way.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic screen, great reception, great camera, 1080 60p video (no other cellphone has it), excellent call quality... yeah, I'm loving it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Those are true statements. I'm sure you have a device on mind that you think best meets your needs thus in your opinion is the best.
Perhaps people who can't make their minds for themselves which device is best, end up with iPhones. I don't know about that. But I do know that all the devices you listed are currently at your disposal at the various mobile stores. So do some due diligence and make a determination for yourself which is the best device. It's much less stressful that way.

I was being facetious. Really facetious. I have one of the devices I listed and am very very happy with it. I was trying to point out that someone will always say their favored phone is the best there is when what they really mean is that they like their favored phone the best. Objectivity goes a long way.