Rear Power Button....

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been eligible for an upgrade since December and I think I may have finally found a new phone in the G2 (been waiting for a phone that gives me great call quality, signal strength, and camera). But I have a question regarding the rear placement of the power button.... If you have the phone in your pocket or in a purse, is there risk of accidentally powering off the phone? I haven't had a chance to see a G2 in person so not sure how far out the button protrudes or how sensitive the power button is. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have had the phone on VZW since launch day. The power button is fine in pocket. The phone is really awesome. I'm coming from a Note 2 and I couldn't be happier. BTW, I ordered online using the VERIZON30 code and picked the phone up in store. At $139, it's a steal.

Posted via Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The buttons are so small I can barely hit them when I try and press them. I don't have any worries about it in my pocket.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been eligible for an upgrade since December and I think I may have finally found a new phone in the G2 (been waiting for a phone that gives me great call quality, signal strength, and camera). But I have a question regarding the rear placement of the power button.... If you have the phone in your pocket or in a purse, is there risk of accidentally powering off the phone? I haven't had a chance to see a G2 in person so not sure how far out the button protrudes or how sensitive the power button is. Thanks.

The buttons are no more easy to trip in a pocket than side mounted buttons. The buttons are recessed a bit so that provides protection from inadvertent pressing.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm headed to VZW to check it out in person.

So, another question...I have an old nationwide plan - 750 shared plan, $30 unlimited and 3 $9 dumb phones. I already know that I will lose my unlimited but when I went online to fill out a pretend upgrade order (to check out the vzw30 promo), it is making me change my entire plan. I thought that I could keep everything the same plan and pricewise, and I would just be dropped from unlimited to 2gb data usage???

bhoman1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade dumb phone line and keep unlimited then after activation switch it back to dumb phone and you can dump the data plan on that line I did it, it works I transferred my upgrade on primary line to dumb phone and upgraded the reactivated dumb phone the switched my primary to the G2 worked for me

MagicTalkingTaco

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues with the back buttons in the pocket so far. The battery life is definately better than the GNex and the signal strength is slightly better also, for me at least.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade dumb phone line and keep unlimited then after activation switch it back to dumb phone and you can dump the data plan on that line I did it, it works I transferred my upgrade on primary line to dumb phone and upgraded the reactivated dumb phone the switched my primary to the G2 worked for me

I stopped in at vzw and think I am sold on the G2. They were sold out at the store otherwise I probably would have bought it. Came home and went online. It won't let me passed the plan page without forcing me to change to the share everything plan. I tried on my line and trying a dumb phone line.

Jamez8604

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I was forced to switch plans as well. I'm not sure which plan you have exactly but I had two lines on an old friends and family plan from when I had alltel. I did some research trying to find out how things went with people who had the same plan as myself but I didn't have much luck. I knew I would lose unlimited data but I thought I would be able to just change to a 2 GB tiered plan but the website wouldn't let me. I called customer service to try to do this and the person I talked to told me I couldn't because my data, texts and minutes were all rolled into one price so if I changed one thing I would have to change everything to a current plan. So I was left with switching or paying full price for a phone. I did some math and it ended up being better for us to just switch to the share everything plan. I didn't mind losing the unlimited data, what I do mind is now paying more a month for less data. If it stayed the same price I wouldn't care as much. I have unlimited minutes now but who uses their phones for talking these days?
Good luck with trying to keep your plan.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I watching LG G2 vs hTc One.

Aaron just pointed out, Rear Buttons are NOTE AN ISSUE in the pocket.

Two more weeks until we get the G2 up here. :(