fixes and tips

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,
I think this should be a sticky but dont know how to make it one. I'll start off with something I found out.

1. if you wish your verizon settings was like the ATT one just select the menu button on the bottom right and it will let you switch from list to tab view.
2. not sure how often this will come in use but certain icon apps will let you change them directly into a widget when it is on a home screen.
i.e. if you have the email icon on your home screen. press and hold it. It will then change it will have a purple circle that will allow you to change the icon. you will also have a border around it allowing you to grab and resize it into a widget.
3. I had a problem with the 4G signal not coming on after I first purchased the phone.
FIX after talking to Verizon tech support it was resolved I guess with new setups they have issues on the back end of the network.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I like the settings in the list form instead of tab but it's cool you can change it.

Another tip is you can turn off the QSlide bar in notifications. Use the top toggle bar to do it. If you don't see QSlide in the top toggle bar click on the last icon (edit) and add it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a question, in the past when I would download photos from the Web on my GNex it would go into a gallery folder. On this phone it is going to the down load folder (not in the gallery). I can't find anyway to move the pictures from download to a gallery folder. Anybody know how?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a question, in the past when I would download photos from the Web on my GNex it would go into a gallery folder. On this phone it is going to the down load folder (not in the gallery). I can't find anyway to move the pictures from download to a gallery folder. Anybody know how?

Figured it out, go to gallery and in menu select view all files. After that a down load gallery shows up.

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
another tip I just found this out. In the stock launcher you can set the app drawer to be sorted by Alph.,download date, or customize. you can also make folders in the app drawer and if you wanted to you could also move the folder to a home screen.

wellsmanfu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget to get your 50gb of cloud storage for free. Go download Box, make an account on the phone, then confirm the email they send you. It will bump you from the free 5gb to a free 50gb of storage for free. Best part is they didn't charge you for the free storage in a year or two like those old Dropbox offers.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
another tip I just found this out. In the stock launcher you can set the app drawer to be sorted by Alph.,download date, or customize. you can also make folders in the app drawer and if you wanted to you could also move the folder to a home screen.

How do you make folders in the app drawer?

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
make folders in the stock app drawer
1.open app drawer
2.select the menu button on the bottom right and select"view apps by"
3.then select user customized(if this is not selected you cant make folders)
4.at the top of the app drawer on the far right is the setting button select it.
5. the screen will change and the you can press+hold and move the app over other apps to make folders as if it was on the home screen.
6. select the checkmark on the top right when you are done and the app drawer returns to normal.
*if you wanted you could now put the folder on a home screen by press+hold

Happy Tweaking

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
make folders in the stock app drawer
1.open app drawer
2.select the menu button on the bottom right and select"view apps by"
3.then select user customized(if this is not selected you cant make folders)
4.at the top of the app drawer on the far right is the setting button select it.
5. the screen will change and the you can press+hold and move the app over other apps to make folders as if it was on the home screen.
6. select the checkmark on the top right when you are done and the app drawer returns to normal.
*if you wanted you could now put the folder on a home screen by press+hold

Happy Tweaking

Thank you, I had already changed it off customized haha that's why I couldn't figure out out.

nytrus113

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to get your 50gb of cloud storage for free. Go download Box, make an account on the phone, then confirm the email they send you. It will bump you from the free 5gb to a free 50gb of storage for free. Best part is they didn't charge you for the free storage in a year or two like those old Dropbox offers.

What if I already have a dropbox account? Will it still ad on that storage or do I need to make a new account? Anyone know?

Posted via Android Central App

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What if I already have a dropbox account? Will it still ad on that storage or do I need to make a new account? Anyone know?

Dropbox and Box are two different cloud services. You'd need to register a new account on Box to get the free 50GB in addition to the 10GB it comes with.

One thing I found to my dismay is Box doesn't have an auto sync for photos or videos built in the the App yet. Big time bummer for me, as that's my main reason for using cloud storage. However, someone wrote and app that will do it but it will cost ya 2 bucks.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I already had a Box account and it just added the extra 50 when I signed in. Pretty friggin' sweet!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo