Speakerphone mic - doesn't sound too great on other end

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? I leave myself messages on different voicemails and answering machines to test voice quality. I already had to return the Moto X because of bad microphone and I waited for the G2, played with it for a few minutes and declared I had to have it.

Quality of my voice on other end is basically OK without speakerphone except for maybe a small background hiss. When I switch to speakerphone, my voice breaks up a little, is much more muffled, and I couldn't always understand what I said (listening to my voicemails). I feel I have to talk extra loud and slow. I tried different environments and distances from mouth to mic.

I don't know if this is hardware or software (maybe noise cancellation). I really don't want to swap the phone hoping it'll get fixed - I'll be worried I might get something worse, given my bad luck with the Moto X. Is another mic in use when you switch to speakerphone mode?

Incidentally, I tried the phone in my car with bluebooth connection and my voice sounds crystal clear - much better than using the phone's mic.

Debby Wordell

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? I leave myself messages on different voicemails and answering machines to test voice quality. I already had to return the Moto X because of bad microphone and I waited for the G2, played with it for a few minutes and declared I had to have it.

Quality of my voice on other end is basically OK without speakerphone except for maybe a small background hiss. When I switch to speakerphone, my voice breaks up a little, is much more muffled, and I couldn't always understand what I said (listening to my voicemails). I feel I have to talk extra loud and slow. I tried different environments and distances from mouth to mic.

I don't know if this is hardware or software (maybe noise cancellation). I really don't want to swap the phone hoping it'll get fixed - I'll be worried I might get something worse, given my bad luck with the Moto X. Is another mic in use when you switch to speakerphone mode?

Incidentally, I tried the phone in my car with bluebooth connection and my voice sounds crystal clear - much better than using the phone's mic.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S6- same thing. I can't use speakerphone as no one can hear me. I also don't receive all my group texts and pictures. I'm ready to switch to I phone if this can't be fixed.

My wife's iphone6 sounds like crap when she's using speakerphone, so good luck with that. Don't have a good answer, unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith