1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon LG G2 screen protector

So I think I am going to buy this phone and I have been looking for cases and screen protectors for a quite awhile now. My question is which screen protector to get? I have noticed that they vary between manufactures. The SPIGEN SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protector only has a little cut out for the front camera and the front speaker. Where as the Skinomi has three holes cut out instead of just one. I also came across these. Can anyone tell me which one will work ok for sure and not interfere with anything? Does anyone else have any suggestions on what screen protector to get? It doesnt have to be these two I was just using these for an example. I am not sure what case to get yet as there really isnt much to choose from yet. I may just get a verizon one for now just so I have something.

Also can someone tell me for sure if the verizon version does or doesnt need the little hole above the flash for a case? From the pictures I looked at here it doesnt look like verizons has that little hole but i just wanted to be sure.
    Last edited by mgdking; 09-15-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Verizon LG G2 screen protector

I've got the Verizon one. it's clear, which is good bc I hate anti glare. also, there's no specific cutout.. it's just the entire top is like edged down for the camera and ear piece.. not specific cutouts

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

also no my stock Verizon TPU doesn't have the hole cutout..

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

The holes on the top of the case are for the IR blaster and microphone. With the screen facing you, right is Mic, left is IR.

The screen protector from Verizon is pretty decent, although with the beveled edges, anything that is made of a hard material can pretty easily pull away from the glass unless out its positioned 100% correctly. In combination with the tight fitting Verizon case, there less than maybe .5 millimeters of tolerance on 'perfect'.

One its available, I might switch to a zagg HD.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyview View Post
    The holes on the top of the case are for the IR blaster and microphone. With the screen facing you, right is Mic, left is IR.

The screen protector from Verizon is pretty decent, although with the beveled edges, anything that is made of a hard material can pretty easily pull away from the glass unless out its positioned 100% correctly. In combination with the tight fitting Verizon case, there less than maybe .5 millimeters of tolerance on 'perfect'.

One its available, I might switch to a zagg HD.
    So what are you saying? The three holes on the upper right corner of the screen are the front facing camera, IR blaster and microphone? Look at the second picture of this post.Verizon LG G2 hands-on | Android Central On the upper left corner next to the ear speaker. That is what I am referring to. Does the screen protector need to be cut out around all three of those or not? Because if you look at the links I provided in my original post they are different. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
    So what are you saying? The three holes on the upper right corner of the screen are the front facing camera, IR blaster and microphone? Look at the second picture of this post.Verizon LG G2 hands-on | Android Central On the upper left corner next to the ear speaker. That is what I am referring to. Does the screen protector need to be cut out around all three of those or not? Because if you look at the links I provided in my original post they are different. Any ideas?
    My first paragraph was in response to your second, about the cases...to be fair I didn't really address any of the questions in your first paragraph.

My second paragraph is about screen protectors, and specifically about the Verizon screen protector being used with the Verizon tpu case.

I don't have an answer to your questions really. I have no idea how covering up whatever sensors are next to the front facing camera will affect the device.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So can anyone tell me whether or not it will hurt to cover up the sensors with a screen protector? Upper left corner next to the front facing camera?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

XO Skin has there screen protector live now for who ever wants one.
    Free shipping with orders over $25. Also here is a discount code that was emailed to me for 30% off. Not sure if it will work for anyone esle or not?
    cservice30

Quote Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
    So can anyone tell me whether or not it will hurt to cover up the sensors with a screen protector? Upper left corner next to the front facing camera?
    I used a Spigen (Steinheil) Ultra Crytal screen protector on my Samsung Galaxy S2, which like the G2 version, covered everything on the screen except for the earpiece speaker (front camera, light/face sensors and capacitive buttons) and everything always worked as if the cover wasn't even there.

I was a big fan of the Spigen product. It was awesome. Pricey, but awesome.

I did just pre-order this one from iLoome and they are reduced price for right now which makes them a must buy! And, all the non-glass protectors really suck to the touch!!! Just sayin'

Enjoy

I have used Skinomi. Worked GREAT with my droid bionic. Just sharing.