Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default List of Compatible Chargers and Cables (no slow charge)

With a lot of people stating using other chargers or cables results in slow chargers I figured why not put together a list of cables and chargers people are using that allow quick charging.

-OEM

Default Re: List of Compatible Chargers and Cables (no slow charge)

i have a few that work, my rockfish car carger works, i belive if any charger put out at least 1 amp it should work....

I don't think it's the make/model of the charger as much as it's the amperage output that it's putting through. I believe the Samsung charger that came with the G2 puts out about 2.0 amps, whereas standard chargers for older smartphones (including my old Droid Bionic) only put out anywhere from 850mA to 1 A.

Confirmed, Palm Pre charger works at the full charge level. That's right ... Palm Pre heh. I was a bit shocked when I looked at the charging base and found it to be a 2 amp charger.

I was thinking of ordering this one. Does anyone think it'll not work? Or does someone have this to check?
    Amazon.com: Anker 18W / 2.4A + 2.0A (3.6A max) Dual Port Car Charger with One Built-in Micro USB Cord for Android and One USB Port for Apple Devices - The First and Smallest Adapter to Provide Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphones

Incidentally, I have one of the Anker Astro batteries (Astro2 8400 which appears discontinued now) with a 1A and a 2A USB charging port. The 2A one which was meant for apple devices works at fast charging the G2. The 1A says slow charging on the G2.

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

Good thread. While I hope to pick up a G2 soon, I expect that a good number of my existing chargers / cables will not meet the quick charge requirements. Like many of you, I have a good dozen wall chargers (two phones in the household; chargers range from 650 mA to 2.1A but most are in the 1000 mA to 1.2A range) and micro-usb cables that won't cut it. I have read that even the stock charger with a non-stock cable will sometimes result in slow charge, so will have to be doubly careful to try various combinations.

But what would be MORE disappointing than to find half my chargers/cables won't work is to order new ones and find out they don't work (in fast mode)! I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to get ones that will fast charge based on findings in this thread. So keep 'em coming, and links please (e.g. Amazon) !

PS -- was looking at this one: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=53252 Edit: never mind, bad reviews.
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G3 D-852 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless