Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Third party launchers

I was wondering if anyone felt the need to throw on a third party launcher yet and how happy they are.

I ran Nova on my GNex and loved it, but so far don't feel the need with the G2, there's some inherent customization and it's just so damn fast.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: Third party launchers

I throw on nova to lazy to reset my home screens. No problems

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Nope. I've run all the launchers in the past, and I'm very happy with the stock LG launcher. The only functionality I'm missing is the ability to rename an App on a homescreen, but it's not a deal breaker.

I too ran Nova on my GNex (running CM10.1.2), but I am sticking with LG's launcher. I really like it.

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cobra617 View Post
    I too ran Nova on my GNex (running CM10.1.2), but I am sticking with LG's launcher. I really like it.
    Same here. The stock UI is pretty fast.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

I feel like less is more. I try not to bog things down. So no,no launcher. Plus I really like the stock LG launcher.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    Nope. I've run all the launchers in the past, and I'm very happy with the stock LG launcher. The only functionality I'm missing is the ability to rename an App on a homescreen, but it's not a deal breaker.
    Have you tried Desktop Visualizer? I haven't used it in a long time, but I believe you can change the labels or have none.

I always like experimenting with launchers, but never stick with them. LG has done a good job making this UI extremely quick and fluid, which is really saying something with all the software extras they threw in here. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

I use ADW just because its what I am used to. The stock launcher is good as well especially compared to other stock launchers!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the responses. I've stuck with stock for a whole week now. I have a few things I miss from Nova but I'm pretty happy

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I am a Nova Prime fan and it's usually the first thing I install on all phones, with the second being SwiftKey.

I fell "in love" with Knock Knock and having to tap on the notification bar was a pain in the rear so I decided to try the stock UI. To ME, it is important that I have more than 3 of 4 apps in the dock. Once I realized that the LG UI allows more apps to be placed in the dock ( I have 6 now including the app drawer icon) I was able to make the transition to stock UI with no problems.

There are some things I miss about Nova and I still run it on my G Pro, the S4 and even on the Moto x. The G2 and the One are surprisingly good with stock UI.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

For me the speed is about the same but I'm so used to using gestures I use nova. Knock knock off I use screen off so I don't miss on that option. So with that stock doesn't offer any thing more...so Nova is my launcher.

Sent from my LG G2 4G using Tapatalk 2