g2 Netflix problem?

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with Netflix on their g2? I have unlimited data and stream a lot of Netflix to my tv. It always worked great with my razr maxx. But on the g2 it starts to play and the video freezes
And the audio just keeps on. Frozen picture with sound. Reinstalled Netflix a few times it was the samr story. Was on phone for and hour with Netflix, after much research they said the razor maxed picked up a stronger signal than the g2. I hate to take this phone back but I love Netflix. Will try and take it to an area with stronger signal. I usually have 3 bars on signal meter an a 4g connection. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using netgear push to tv. Ptv3000. But it does the same thing when I try to watch it on the phone screen.

jawcaw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Same issue on my new g2. Tried loading older version and same results. Video consistently hangs after a few seconds and audio continues. Frustrating with such a sweet device to not have Netflix working. Previous galaxy nexus running 3.0.2 works fine. Fails on wi-fi and 4g.

jawcaw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, still playing with settings and tried turning off the smart screen and smart video settings and now my Netflix is back to working! It would be nice to have those options active but better to just be able to use Netflix again. Give it a try.

akidmtco

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my old phone (Moto Photon 4g). The fix I found was to turn Netflix steaming quality to low via the desktop site - account/playback settings.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Adrian Estrada

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%

Hope this helped.

sunshynjunky

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
"Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%"

I was having the same problem. Very frustrating. Just unchecked aspect ratio correction and Netflix works fine now.

Looks like their "correction" isn't much of a correction.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%

Hope this helped.

Had this same problem. Applied your "fix", now it works. Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante