Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Anyone having trouble with Netflix on their g2? I have unlimited data and stream a lot of Netflix to my tv. It always worked great with my razr maxx. But on the g2 it starts to play and the video freezes
    And the audio just keeps on. Frozen picture with sound. Reinstalled Netflix a few times it was the samr story. Was on phone for and hour with Netflix, after much research they said the razor maxed picked up a stronger signal than the g2. I hate to take this phone back but I love Netflix. Will try and take it to an area with stronger signal. I usually have 3 bars on signal meter an a 4g connection. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by allongo; 09-17-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: g2 Netflix problem?

What are you using to hook up to the TV?

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

No trouble here. Just watched 3 episodes of breaking bad on my G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am using netgear push to tv. Ptv3000. But it does the same thing when I try to watch it on the phone screen.

Same issue on my new g2. Tried loading older version and same results. Video consistently hangs after a few seconds and audio continues. Frustrating with such a sweet device to not have Netflix working. Previous galaxy nexus running 3.0.2 works fine. Fails on wi-fi and 4g.

Hey folks, still playing with settings and tried turning off the smart screen and smart video settings and now my Netflix is back to working! It would be nice to have those options active but better to just be able to use Netflix again. Give it a try.

I had this problem with my old phone (Moto Photon 4g). The fix I found was to turn Netflix steaming quality to low via the desktop site - account/playback settings.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%

Hope this helped.
    Thanked by:

"Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%"

I was having the same problem. Very frustrating. Just unchecked aspect ratio correction and Netflix works fine now.

Looks like their "correction" isn't much of a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Estrada View Post
    Ive had this problem for 3 months now. I was at the point of taking my phone back. I've already researched this problem on multiple fourms and sites. Called netflix. Finally, i went to the settings, display, and checked aspect ratio correction and unchecked netflix and it worked 100%

Hope this helped.
    Had this same problem. Applied your "fix", now it works. Thanks!

I wonder how KitKat users are fixing this problem. LG removed Aspect Ratio Correction from the KitKat release.