One of the many reasons I love this phone

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Besides the awesome hardware and price point, I like having a phone that everyone else doesn't (ie Motorola or HTC)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I usually like having unique things, but unique technology doesn't really work out for the consumer that well. Less support and less of a community for if something goes wrong. Luckily, I think this phone, even though it wont be a blockbuster success sales wise, will have a very informed community simply because many android enthusiasts learned about it while just keeping up on tech news to begin with.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Knock knock is just great. There are random times it doesn't work, but lately I'd say it works 90% of the time. When it doesn't, a 2nd set of knock knock does work.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I really hope this phone gets support and updates. I had the gs4 since release and this phone is so much smoother and easy to look at. I didn't think I would like it so much, I was expecting to use it for a week then swap it back for HTC one or note 3 but this guy grew on me. G2 is a keeper!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think once information about this device spreads a bit more, we will see its popularity and sales increase. It checks off all the important factors and in some cases can be considered best in class for the time being. Design, camera, screen and battery life.

If not, I won't get bent out of shape about it. I have an amazing smartphone in my pocket and that'll do just fine.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
How is the Knock, Knock feature?

I had a Nokia Lumia, 1020, with this feature and it wasn't as good, but i also had a thick screen protector on it as well, right now my G2 is naked! But I love the tap feature, but I do notice I am using the back button more and more, love it!

- - - Updated - - -

I think once information about this device spreads a bit more, we will see its popularity and sales increase. It checks off all the important factors and in some cases can be considered best in class for the time being. Design, camera, screen and battery life.

If not, I won't get bent out of shape about it. I have an amazing smartphone in my pocket and that'll do just fine.

I saw a commercial last night on ESPN for it...so it least that's a start!
Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
How is the Knock, Knock feature?

One of the best features on the phone. I like being able to have it sitting on my desk and just tapping it twice to come on and go off. It might be a trade off for Active Notifications on the Maxx, etc, but I really like it. Its a small thing, but its nice to not have to grab the side of the phone to turn it on and off. I also like not having the buttons on the side because with my RMHD when I'd put it down sometimes grabbing it by the side I was always afraid whether I was accidentally turning it on or not. No worries with this phone.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Love it! Was especially for setting up all the various accounts and apps that all use email addresses for the user ID, etc.

Yeah it's a really neat feature. Capture Plus is pretty cool too for things like taking a "screenshot" of an entire webpage for printing or viewing later. There' a good chunk of features in this UI I will never use, but there are a few valuable nuggets as well.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What's that?

Posted via Android Central App

Clip Tray: Clip Tray operates as a PC-like clipboard that stores pictures, text, and links you'd like to reference later. Great for online comparison-shopping or sharing information with friends, it lets you copy and store multiple items in a slide-up clipboard at the bottom of the display, creating a visual collection of information. Add items as you go, and selectively choose which ones to include in an email, post, document, or text message.

Quick demo video of Capture Plus and Clip Tray:

LG G2 Feature Capture Plus & Clip Tray - YouTube

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been a long time iPhone user, but this phone made me jump ship... At least as my primary phone for now.

I LOVE the ClipTray. I get so tired of filling in my email address for sites that won't remember it.. Ugh. But this is super for that. :)

I too have the issue of Knock On not working correctly if the phone has been asleep for a while. I'm wondering if this is intended. Maybe a precaution against accidentally turning it on? It seems to take a bit harder tap, and you can't go too fast when it does that. But otherwise its perfect. So nice not to fumble for the power button.

And that brings me to the back buttons. OMG I don't miss side buttons AT ALL!

I do wish there were more accessories for it (cases really.) I work for a large electronics retailer that usually has quite a selection, but unless it's happened on my day off, we still don't have any cases in the store to fit the phone. I had to order one and some screen protectors from Amazon. :( And I'm quite anxious for the case to get here cuz this phone is slick as ****. LOL

Overall, I love the beauty of the display and the speed of the processor. I've long despised android phones for the lag and poor optimization. But I'm absolutely loving this phone so far!

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I do wish there were more accessories for it (cases really.) I work for a large electronics retailer that usually has quite a selection, but unless it's happened on my day off, we still don't have any cases in the store to fit the phone. I had to order one and some screen protectors from Amazon. :( And I'm quite anxious for the case to get here cuz this phone is slick as ****. LOL

Give it a few weeks and I think we will start to see a lot more accessories rolling out, also keep in mind the phone is not yet released everywhere. For instance Canada does not see it until the end of the month.

burgboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of thing which learnt from you by LG Mobile, Answer Me, Plug & Pop, new QRemote, new QTranslator (w/voice), Voice Mate, Camera function w/ shot & clear, Sapphire glass to protect camera lens...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01