Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Tex_Norseman
  • 1 Post By MrBungle999
  • 1 Post By JayWill
  • 1 Post By burgboy
  • 1 Post By JayWill
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One of the many reasons I love this phone

Besides the awesome hardware and price point, I like having a phone that everyone else doesn't (ie Motorola or HTC)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: One of the many reasons I love this phone

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Norseman View Post
    Besides the awesome hardware and price point, I like having a phone that everyone else doesn't (ie Motorola or HTC)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2
    How is the Knock, Knock feature?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Yeah, I usually like having unique things, but unique technology doesn't really work out for the consumer that well. Less support and less of a community for if something goes wrong. Luckily, I think this phone, even though it wont be a blockbuster success sales wise, will have a very informed community simply because many android enthusiasts learned about it while just keeping up on tech news to begin with.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I like it a lot, ever so often it hangs up if the phone has been "sleeping" for a while, but besides that it's great..

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Norseman View Post
    I like it a lot, ever so often it hangs up if the phone has been "sleeping" for a while, but besides that it's great..
    Still, there may be an update to fix that.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Knock knock is just great. There are random times it doesn't work, but lately I'd say it works 90% of the time. When it doesn't, a 2nd set of knock knock does work.

I really hope this phone gets support and updates. I had the gs4 since release and this phone is so much smoother and easy to look at. I didn't think I would like it so much, I was expecting to use it for a week then swap it back for HTC one or note 3 but this guy grew on me. G2 is a keeper!!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    LSG67 likes this.

I think once information about this device spreads a bit more, we will see its popularity and sales increase. It checks off all the important factors and in some cases can be considered best in class for the time being. Design, camera, screen and battery life.

If not, I won't get bent out of shape about it. I have an amazing smartphone in my pocket and that'll do just fine.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    LSG67 likes this.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I had a Nokia Lumia, 1020, with this feature and it wasn't as good, but i also had a thick screen protector on it as well, right now my G2 is naked! But I love the tap feature, but I do notice I am using the back button more and more, love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    I think once information about this device spreads a bit more, we will see its popularity and sales increase. It checks off all the important factors and in some cases can be considered best in class for the time being. Design, camera, screen and battery life.

If not, I won't get bent out of shape about it. I have an amazing smartphone in my pocket and that'll do just fine.

I saw a commercial last night on ESPN for it...so it least that's a start!
    Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

One of the best features on the phone. I like being able to have it sitting on my desk and just tapping it twice to come on and go off. It might be a trade off for Active Notifications on the Maxx, etc, but I really like it. Its a small thing, but its nice to not have to grab the side of the phone to turn it on and off. I also like not having the buttons on the side because with my RMHD when I'd put it down sometimes grabbing it by the side I was always afraid whether I was accidentally turning it on or not. No worries with this phone.

Does anybody try to use Clip tray feature. It is so smart.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2
    LSG67 likes this.

Love it! Was especially for setting up all the various accounts and apps that all use email addresses for the user ID, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkieMonster View Post
    Love it! Was especially for setting up all the various accounts and apps that all use email addresses for the user ID, etc.
    Yeah it's a really neat feature. Capture Plus is pretty cool too for things like taking a "screenshot" of an entire webpage for printing or viewing later. There' a good chunk of features in this UI I will never use, but there are a few valuable nuggets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by burgboy View Post
    Does anybody try to use Clip tray feature. It is so smart.

What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    What's that?

Clip Tray: Clip Tray operates as a PC-like clipboard that stores pictures, text, and links you'd like to reference later. Great for online comparison-shopping or sharing information with friends, it lets you copy and store multiple items in a slide-up clipboard at the bottom of the display, creating a visual collection of information. Add items as you go, and selectively choose which ones to include in an email, post, document, or text message.

Quick demo video of Capture Plus and Clip Tray:

Thanked by:
    LSG67 likes this.

Thanks

I've been a long time iPhone user, but this phone made me jump ship... At least as my primary phone for now.

I LOVE the ClipTray. I get so tired of filling in my email address for sites that won't remember it.. Ugh. But this is super for that.

I too have the issue of Knock On not working correctly if the phone has been asleep for a while. I'm wondering if this is intended. Maybe a precaution against accidentally turning it on? It seems to take a bit harder tap, and you can't go too fast when it does that. But otherwise its perfect. So nice not to fumble for the power button.

And that brings me to the back buttons. OMG I don't miss side buttons AT ALL!

I do wish there were more accessories for it (cases really.) I work for a large electronics retailer that usually has quite a selection, but unless it's happened on my day off, we still don't have any cases in the store to fit the phone. I had to order one and some screen protectors from Amazon. And I'm quite anxious for the case to get here cuz this phone is slick as ****. LOL

Overall, I love the beauty of the display and the speed of the processor. I've long despised android phones for the lag and poor optimization. But I'm absolutely loving this phone so far!

Quote Originally Posted by LSG67 View Post
    I do wish there were more accessories for it (cases really.) I work for a large electronics retailer that usually has quite a selection, but unless it's happened on my day off, we still don't have any cases in the store to fit the phone. I had to order one and some screen protectors from Amazon. And I'm quite anxious for the case to get here cuz this phone is slick as ****. LOL
    Give it a few weeks and I think we will start to see a lot more accessories rolling out, also keep in mind the phone is not yet released everywhere. For instance Canada does not see it until the end of the month.

There are a lot of thing which learnt from you by LG Mobile, Answer Me, Plug & Pop, new QRemote, new QTranslator (w/voice), Voice Mate, Camera function w/ shot & clear, Sapphire glass to protect camera lens...