1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Who has problems with the LED?

It flat out annoys me that there isn't a native function to have the LED show different colors for different notifications. Its obviously possible, but you have to use something like LightFlow to get it to work. Problem is that I'm using LightFlow and I'd say it only works about 80% of the time. Sometimes LED just comes on at the default greene of the phone and sometimes not at all. I wouldn't know if I had a message if I didn't come and tap the phone on. Basically can't trust it. Makes me think the native Active Notifications on the Maxx might be a little better. I even have Handcent set to show the LED and disabled SMS notifications in LightFlow and it still doesn't come up half the time with Handcent controlling it. Its quite annoying. I'd think it was purely a LightFlow problem if it wasn't for that.

Default Re: Who has problems with the LED?

Quick update: Lightflow seems to be working normally and consistently on my phone: Assigned colors come on when I get emails, gmails, SMS/MMS and for calendar events. Haven't gotten to a low battery point yet to see if that's working. I'm not yet using any non-native apps for any of the above.
    LG G2 - VS980

Yep, switched to light flow today. Perfect.

Posted via Android Central App

are you rooted? I could not get it working on mine.

Keep your stock notifications "turned on" but unselect them in settings. Then use light flow.

Last edited by Bloodthirsty; 09-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Keep your stock notifications "turned on" but unselect them in settings. Then use light flow.

Still no go for me. Sometimes I get the correct color, sometimes I get the stock green, sometimes I get nothing. It seems completely random (and very frustrating).

That's strange. I literally just set mine up this morning and no problems. I have my notifications turned on in my display settings but everything under that is unselected.

I also excluded it from sleep mode in the light flow settings.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    That's strange. I literally just set mine up this morning and no problems. I have my notifications turned on in my display settings but everything under that is unselected.

I also excluded it from sleep mode in the light flow settings.

Yea, I have no idea what's going on with it. Very frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of.

^ You've got the native app, Handcent and Lightflow. It seems quite possible there may be a conflict somewhere. I'd get rid of Handcent and just try Lightflow since others are having no trouble with only that app running.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    ^ You've got the native app, Handcent and Lightflow. It seems quite possible there may be a conflict somewhere. I'd get rid of Handcent and just try Lightflow since others are having no trouble with only that app running.
    I actually tried that as well. Deleted handcent and still wasn't consistent. It was sometimes not consistent with gmail as well. Sometimes the correct color and sometimes just the stock green led. I tried all possible permutations of settings and apps I could think of.

You are having trouble with your LED and have seen the speaker is not very loud for you. I'm wondering if maybe you just got a off unit. I have changed txt LED colors through Textra, other then that haven't tried using anything for emails etc because I just don't care. But my speaker is loud and clear and have heard others say it was louder then the Maxx. So maybe you just got a bad one?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    You are having trouble with your LED and have seen the speaker is not very loud for you. I'm wondering if maybe you just got a off unit. I have changed txt LED colors through Textra, other then that haven't tried using anything for emails etc because I just don't care. But my speaker is loud and clear and have heard others say it was louder then the Maxx. So maybe you just got a bad one?

I suppose there is a chance of that, but it would probably be a hard sell to convince Verizon that they aren't working up to par and they should give me a new phone. Its not that the speaker is quiet, just not as loud, clear and piercing as the Maxx's speaker. When I mentioned it to the Verizon rep the other day he offered to call the LG rep, but I figured it was pointless because they'd say they don't support 3rd party apps.

Snareman, it might not be a bad idea to run over to Verizon and compare yours with the display unit. Compare the speaker, and to the extent you can, the LEDs.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Snareman, it might not be a bad idea to run over to Verizon and compare yours with the display unit. Compare the speaker, and to the extent you can, the LEDs.
    The speaker isn't a huge issue. It just isn't quite as loud and piercing as on the Maxx. I don't think I can do much with the LED at the store. I think I'll probably just stick with the Maxx for the mongo battery and active notifications that seem to work 100% of the time.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Apparently its not just me. This review says "The Droid Maxx's rear speaker blasted out sound, making phones such as the Galaxy S4 and LG G2 seem like whisperers by comparison. "

My hubby has the Maxx and its 10x louder than my G2!!!

Back on topic though..I just noticed I have no led for gmail...?? Somewhere I'm missing to look?

I've never used the Maxx,but I use the headphone option 90% of the time and the sound is significantly better than my iPhone 5 was. If I need speakers,I've got great Bluetooth speakers with a top level sound that other phones don't.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4