1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth audio unknown

So far everything is great on this phone, but there is one thing that bugs me and maybe its just something I missed.

I stream in my car using the built in Bluetooth audio streaming. The app is Play Music.
    My old S3 use to display the song information on the touch screen of the car. For some reason it seems to go in and out.
    Sometimes it will show the song, title, album, and to my pleasant surprise the time of the song (s3 never did that)
    Now with the G2 its a toss up whether it shows up or not. If it doesn't show up it just shows "unknown" for each. If i turn on the screen it seems to come back, but will disappear after a while.

Did I miss something or are others seeing this.
    In case it matters its a 2012 Maxima, everything built into the dash. No adapters.

Default Re: Bluetooth audio unknown

I'm having the same problem with my car and I can't skip tracks either. I believe it has to do with 4.2.2. I was having problems with my GNex and upgrading to 4.3 seemed to fix everything. Hopefully we get 4.3 soon
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The audio controls on the steering wheel work as expected for me, so its just the unknown issue.
    I'm with you though, hopefully 4.3+ gets to us soon. I'm on Verizon so I'm not holding my breath lol.

I have an alpine head unit that's actually designed for iPhone but it works perfectly with the g2.

Posted via Android Central App

I am seeing the same issue. Playback of Google Music Radio on my 2013 Altima shows "unknown" for just about every song. The songs stored on my phone (My Library) doesn't have this issue.

I guess it has something to do with the radio part of Google Music.

You can click on "refresh" on your phone to force it to display the track information but you'll have to do it for every song :-(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4