Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector?

Hi all,

Just got my G2 today. Unfortunately, I already ran through all 3 of my screen protectors because whenever I put it on crud would get under it by accident, or the silicone case I bought from verizon would pop it up, therefor getting crud under it. Do most of you have a screen protector on it? Not sure what to do here :/

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Default Re: Screen protector?

I am not a big believer in them. Gorilla glass 2 is pretty tough.

Posted via Android Central App
    GPilot650 likes this.

I just bought the 3 pack from at&t. I am terrible at getting these on. I put the first one on and the phone just looked like carp with it. It looks obvious. I think I may free ball

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm a big fan of the Spigen Ultra Crystal, which you can get on Amazon. I had one on my last phone for two years without a single issue.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Does this have gorilla glass 2 or 3? I see both mentioned on different sites but LG site doesn't say. Don't know what to believe or even if there's a big difference in strength.

I kinda wish this phone had a bit of a lip around the glass

Quote Originally Posted by kingneptune117 View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my G2 today. Unfortunately, I already ran through all 3 of my screen protectors because whenever I put it on crud would get under it by accident, or the silicone case I bought from verizon would pop it up, therefor getting crud under it. Do most of you have a screen protector on it? Not sure what to do here :/
    I had the Verizon guy put mine on. Did a decent job, but there were a couple of dust specks I was able to get out by lifting the corner and using tape to grab the dust.

I do wish the screen protector was a tiny bit smaller. There's no room for error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

easiest way to install and I am giving away my secret here. Wipe the screen down with the cloth that comes in the 3 pack. then take scotch tape and tape the screen to get anything off. peel the one side of the screen protector off and place it on the phone. When it is lined up push it down and secure it to the phone. take off the second part of the screen protector and work out any bubbles you have. If there is any lint or dust under there dont panic. Take a piece of scotch tape and put it on the screen protector, grab another small piece of tape and hold it. Pull the piece that is on the protector and lift up the screen protector just enough to get your other piece of tape n there and tape the dust off. Lay the screen protector back down and do that until all dust is gone. I have done this so many times. Comes out flawless.. Hope this helps...
    bgask1717 and marky_yo like this.

With the g2 you need one a little smaller than the screen so the case wont cause the edges to come up. I just installed at&t screen protector with spigen case on and got it right the first time.
    Do it in the bathroom with hot shower running to keep lint and dust down and make sure everything is clean. Preparation is the key here.

I didn't have a screen protector on my GNex for about 18 months and never got any scratches so keeping this one protector free.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    Does this have gorilla glass 2 or 3? I see both mentioned on different sites but LG site doesn't say. Don't know what to believe or even if there's a big difference in strength.

I kinda wish this phone had a bit of a lip around the glass

GG 2

Smile Re: Screen protector?

I checked with Spigen a few days ago and as of yet they have no plans to manufacture their tempered glass protectors for the G2 unless they start to get a demand for them. Maybe soon. I absolutely love the one I got for my wife's S4! Anyway, I did just pre-order this one from iLoome and they are reduced price for right now which makes them a must buy! And, all the non-glass protectors really suck to the touch!!! Just sayin'

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post
    I checked with Spigen a few days ago and as of yet they have no plans to manufacture their tempered glass protectors for the G2 unless they start to get a demand for them. Maybe soon. I absolutely love the one I got for my wife's S4! Anyway, I did just pre-order this one from iLoome and they are reduced price for right now which makes them a must buy! And, all the non-glass protectors really suck to the touch!!! Just sayin'

Enjoy
    I assume these are thicker than your traditional screen protector such as the Spigen Ultra Crystal? If so, how much thicker would you say?

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I just asked the att rep at the store if anyone was good at putting them on, hell if I am buying it they can put it on! They did an amazing job! Im happy, no more money on screen protectors, but when I was at BB today I was looking for cases and a course nothing, but they had screen protectors in the back, but he didn't say what kind, probably zagg, which I don't care for. Its GC 3, ya it will scratch if you throw it around, but if you just wipe it down, and clean it maybe once at night or every other day, you should be fine! Always worked for me, go to say sunglass hut and get their clothes, best imo! Never had a problem with my Nexus 4 or HTC one, only phone I got a slight scratch on and it was on the top right, very faint was on my note 2! Wasn't happy, but who knows, either just be careful and don't throw it around.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    I assume these are thicker than your traditional screen protector such as the Spigen Ultra Crystal? If so, how much thicker would you say?
    The Flex model would be equivalent to the Spigen GLAS.t NANO SLIM @ 0.15mm. And the Premium model would 0.26-0.4mm. I ordered the Flex model because I had a great experience with the NANO from Spigen. Hopefully it is good; it has to be better than those PET ones. Hopefully it gets me through until Spigen makes one or ideally it just turns out to be great on it's own!

Also, the Ultra Crystal is not glass, and these are! Once you go glass, you will never go back to those others.
    Last edited by wwwjr; 09-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.

I swore by them in the past. Not using one on this phone. I love the glide feel without one and jump means I'll be upgrading in 6 months. No case either!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

What they need to do is develop a phone that's pure skeleton with an outer layer/skin that you throw on top. It will come with 2 stock skins and you will have your choice of aftermarket. They had this pre-iPhone era in Europe where you can stop at any kiosk and buy a cheap snap-on skin. Just up it a bit and make an option to slide on a hard glass. This is old news

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Spigen Ultra Crystal, which you can get on Amazon. I had one on my last phone for two years without a single issue.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
    I just got my Spigen Ultra's late last week. (I had pre-ordered them on Amazon). Love the Ultra.

It looks and feels so much nicer without one. Display is sharper too. Unfortunately this screen scratches easily. I got a few on a model I returned. My gs4 didn't get a scratch at all after 6 months. I guess gg3 does make a difference

guys.. canned air is your friend. that's the trick for getting the dust off the screen right before you lay it down. mine always come out dust free and with no specks at all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Blow that dust around it'll come settling back down. Tape is best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    guys.. canned air is your friend. that's the trick for getting the dust off the screen right before you lay it down. mine always come out dust free and with no specks at all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Blow that dust around it'll come settling back down. Tape is best friend

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

that's why you blow it off to the side and then turn around. lol i've done this for years when i ran a verizon store, and it takes no time and i'd get them perfect everytime, and still do. no need to mess with pulling up the corner and grabbing tape and then possibly getting a fingerprint on that flawless screen. canned air is the way to go

I put a Skinomi on this weekend which I thought was a pain but it looks good. I was disappointed when I used a lint free cloth to clean the screen I found a two scratches on the screen. Not sure how that could have happened since I never put it face down and if it was in a pocket nothing else was with it. I have handled other phones the same way with no scratches. At lest they were not deep and I didn't notice them until I had it in certain light. The Skinomi looks great.
    Last edited by stew930; 09-30-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post

Enjoy
    Sweet. I just ordered one and it's still only $16.99. With their instructions it looks like it's much easier to install than the plastic ones and I wanted to get the glass screen protector for the Galaxy Nexus, but I never got it. I had the Verizon guy put on the plastic protector for me and he did a really good job (he used the tape method which I knew nothing about until I saw him do it), but then when I got the Verizon gel case it started to lift the screen protector so I just took it off and ordered these Amazon.com: SUPERSHIELDZ- High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector For LG G2 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories for the time being (should get them Tuesday). So right now the screen is naked which I'm a little nervous about because with my last two phones no matter how careful I am, I always seem to get at least a little scratch.

Thanks for the link though, hopefully I can get through the next few days without getting a scratch.

Dropped my phone on bathroom tiles from lower than hip level...the screen cracked and broke the digitizer. I was extremely disappointed. My iPhone probably wouldn't have cracked with the exact same drop...and even if it did...I would've just been left with a cracked screen and a working digitizer. Haha. Oh well! Thank goodness for SquareTrade Warranty. I'll be more careful next time.

Note that I had some issues with the Spigen. I'll just paste a post I had made about them:
    I have been having issues with my phone since installing a screen protector. (Steinheil ultra)
    The screen would blank after unlocking. The knock on feature would rarely work. The screen would not come on when I would pull the phone away from my face. Lastly, I installed a proximity sensor app that showed my proximity sensor to be flaky. I'd test by getting my hand near the sensor. When pulling it away, it would take anywhere from 2-30 seconds for the proximity sensor to notice that my hand was not covering the sensor.

I then decided to lift the screen protector and trim the part that was covering the proximity sensor. (This protector had a cutout for the camera but not the sensor). As soon as I trimmed it to expose the sensor, my problems immediately went away.I have not had an issue since.

I've contacted Spigen to notify them about this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast