LG G2 screen lock loop

cwyman1

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the screen lock turning off before allowing you to unlock the phone?

What's happening: I will attempt to wake the phone either by knock-on or power button. The lock screen will appear for about a second then turn off. Sometimes I need to do this 10-15 times before it allows me to unlock the phone. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! Especially when trying to pull the phone out to take a pic and you miss it because of the damn phone lock loop.

What I've tried: I tried resetting the phone to factory settings with the same results. I've tried to turn off the screen lock pattern and just use the slide feature and it does the same thing.

PLEASE HELP ASAP! I have 1 week left to return/exchange the phone at Best Buy so I'd like to get it resolved or if I need to get a new phone, so be it.

elvis692

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the phone does that when its charging. Maybe somehow it thinks its charging? Dirty mini usb contacts?

meadowsdad

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a similar problem, but it only shuts off when I have it in a Ziploc bag. I put phones in bags when I go for bike rides to protect from sweat, rain, etc. I did a little troubleshooting and it seems that the proximity sensor must see the baggie then shut the phone down. I'm guessing this is a "feature" to turn your phone off if it is accidentally awoken in your pocket. If I block the sensor and wake up the phone it shuts right back down.

So I think I've found why my phone is shutting down immediately in the baggie, but I can't figure out how to turn off this function! Anyone have any ideas??

cwhyman1, in your case perhaps you have a case or something that is covering the proximity sensor? Or did you already figure out the problem?

neversleep

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My 1-day old G2 was also doing this. It was IMPOSSIBLE to keep the screen lock from instantly re-activating.

Interestingly it seemed to very rarely to have this behavior in Flourescent lit rooms. It also seemed like the black hole in-front of the forward facing camera wasn't perfectly centered.

I exchanged it, premature screen lock is now gone, and center-tap un-lock now works much better. If you (other readers) are experiencing this, most likely your forward-facing sensors are not properly calibrated. Get it exchanged.

EDIT: Add missing conjunction.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My screen protector was ultimately the cause of this issue for me. I pulled it up and trimmed it to expose the proximity sensor.
Install a proximity sensor app to see what is going on.
When you uncover the proximity sensor it should immediately go 5.00 cm. With my screen protector on, it would take anywhere from 2-30seconds for the proximity sensor to realize that it wasn't covered.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Sporadically have this same issue. It's not frequent enough for me to want to swap the phone. I'm outside my 14 day window anyway so I'll just keep it as is.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Last I checked, that's what the tentative date was for a fix. I noticed that if you hold the phone upright and don't tilt the screen down to find the buttons on the back, it doesn't do it. (Atleast it's stopped doing it for now while I'm trying that fix out)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This happens to me time to time, just clean the, sensor with a soft fabric
Like the eye glass cloths. .
It'll. Happen later, you just gotta clean it, but if the sensor isn't aligned right, just get a new one

Slpkntmaggot

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The G2 has a insanely sensitive screen, ive noticed my phone only does it when the screen is smudgy or has some dirt on it, once i clean it off the problem goes away, there was probably something on your screen (scratch or smudge)

Posted via Android Central App

Nahidm13

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Did you get a response about this issue? I bought the phone yesterday from 2nd's hand and I have this problem now. The thing is that I can't change it. Help please!

mohsin fida

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
What's happening: I will attempt to wake the phone either by knock-on or power button. The lock screen will appear for about a second then turn off. Sometimes I need to do this 10-20 times before it allows me to unlock the phone:':)':)'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance