battery question

Jdt0109

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My battery isnt as great as what im hearing everyone elses to be. Is it because i have brightness on 100%? Is there something else im missing? I just got it today. And just from writing this i dropped a percent. Help

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Post a screenshot of your Settings-Battery screen, along with a screenshot after click Display. Yes, having your brightness at 100 percent will make it drain faster, but I keep my S3 on full brightness and get about 14 hours with 2.5-3.5 hours of screen on time.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, 100% screen brightness will definitely eat up some battery, I keep mine at 60% normally and its plenty bright for me. Running a lot of widgets that constantly pull information also have an impact on battery life. Keeping GPS on is another area that will use a lot of battery. I use location services with Google Now but only use wifi and cell location reporting, only turn on GPS when I need it for more accurate locating such as maps and navigation. Other than that I keep most other stuff on all the time and get good battery life. At the end of my normal 15 to 16 hour day I generally have 60 to 70% battery remaining. I consider myself to be a moderate user, just the normal stuff like calls, texts, email, Internet and sometimes a game here or there.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter i just got it today? Will it get better after a few cycles?

Shouldn't matter. I got 22 hours and 6 hours of screen on time over 75% of the battery on my first day before I even unboxed the charging cable.

Also, battery life is heavily dependent on how people use their phone. You can't just turn everything on, set brightness at 100% and load up with a bunch of Apps that regularly push data and ping your phone for location information to then push you more data and expect to see the same results as users who are more careful with what is waking their phone to interact. There are also some notorious battery draining Apps as well, Facebook being one of them. I only use the mobile website for Facebook and never install the App (as an example).

Just throwing this out there as something that is a common reason for inconsistent battery performance reports.

Jdt0109

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
All that i have downloaded is instagram, Facebook, candy crush,and snapchat. I did this on the droid maxx and set the brightness to 100. I couldn't kill that phone. Only reason i made the jump to this is the screen and camera..

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
All that i have downloaded is instagram, Facebook, candy crush,and snapchat. I did this on the droid maxx and set the brightness to 100. I couldn't kill that phone. Only reason i made the jump to this is the screen and camera..

post the damn screenshot with the claim you mentioned.
you have S4 maxx and LG2 in the last 2 months??? bit hard to believe.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So what app is best to track battery usage and use that info to improve battery time?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Better Battery Stats has always been my favorite, especially with its ability to identify wakelocks. It costs about 3 bucks, but worth it in my opinion once you learn how to use it.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine was the same way. I ended up just doing a factory reset, and its perfect for the past 3 days now.

I would almost rather deal with less battery life. I hate spending hours setting things back up.

Edit: example, I'm 7 hours of the charger today. 1.5 hours of screen time and I'm sitting at 60%. My old gnex would have already been dead. So I guess it's not that terrible.

Posted via Android Central App

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
These are my battery tips for any android phone.

Watch the apps syncing frequently like facebook, twitter, etc. Adjust sync settings of them to reasonable interval or turn off completely. It will refresh whenever opening the app anyway.

You better use GPS only when needed like navigation or direction. Leaving it on always will eat some more juice for sure.

You may leave location service (WiFi/Cell) on. But I recommend turning off location report/history in google now/map setting. I noticed this reduces the battery drain through location service.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
These are my battery tips for any android phone.

Watch the apps syncing frequently like facebook, twitter, etc. Adjust sync settings of them to reasonable interval or turn off completely. It will refresh whenever opening the app anyway.

You better use GPS only when needed like navigation or direction. Leaving it on always will eat some more juice for sure.

You may leave location service (WiFi/Cell) on. But I recommend turning off location report/history in google now/map setting. I noticed this reduces the battery drain through location service.

Sounds good. I also disable Bluetooth accept for when I need and enable any power-saving modes the phone might offer. I've never felt a noticable performance hit by doing so.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Kendal0

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I turned off android device manager location service but left remote wipe on. Then I turned off all the Facebook notifications. After that I went from zero deep sleep time and mediocre bat life to mostly deep sleep and 4x better bat life. Wake lock detector can help to show what's eating bat life.

Oh, I have both GPS and wifi location on now with no noticeable drain and google now and weather all work fine.

I think android device manager location service is the thing that kept it from deep sleep.

First android phone coming from iOS and windows mobile 6!