What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There are so many options for aftermarket battery covers...or the back of the phone. For almost any popular model you can find aluminum, Kevlar, carbon fiber, leather and even matt plastic. Just seems like a common complaint for most the new phones including the LG.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to troll, but I didn't have it either. I tried it on 0, 10, 15% while scrolling through this forum. I was using the stock browser. Also, who uses their phone on brightness that low with the battery life on the phone?

I'd love to test it out on your phone to see if that's true. :/

I'm very light sensitive and use 0 brightness on all my phones.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
There are so many options for aftermarket battery covers...or the back of the phone. For almost any popular model you can find aluminum, Kevlar, carbon fiber, leather and even matt plastic. Just seems like a common complaint for most the new phones including the LG.

But we shouldn't have to resort to fixing this issue when phones such as the One and MAXX Ultra? have fantastic backs. It just seems like a careless oversight that could have been resolved wo/ adding much expense to the phone.

Don't get me wrong, the Galaxy phones have glossy backs too, but the G2 was a whole nother level of nastiness.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Guess you didn't watch the lg video explaining why they went with this style cover design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWukVK2Fnw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
But we shouldn't have to resort to fixing this issue when phones such as the One and MAXX Ultra? have fantastic backs. It just seems like a careless oversight that could have been resolved wo/ adding much expense to the phone.

Don't get me wrong, the Galaxy phones have glossy backs too, but the G2 was a whole nother level of nastiness.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Watch the video, they designed the back that way. They wanted it as slick as ceramic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWukVK2Fnw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Turn your brightness down below 20% and scroll up and down on a web page. You should see it. I run at auto with a 70% baseline though and its a non issue at that brightness level.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

Yeah, still don't have it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with auto brightness. I've seen 5 G2's do it, there's a YouTube video now, and multiple folks in multiple forums are discussing it. The likeliehood of it being on ALL 5 and not yours is...unlikely. But whatever, glad you don't notice it.

What par of 'I don't have it' do you not understand?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, as slick as ceramic. I simply don't understand why anyone would want to make an expensive phone slick.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
LOL, as slick as ceramic. I simply don't understand why anyone would want to make an expensive phone slick.

Do you not use a case on your phone's? I always put one on just for extra protection, which is why the look of the phone doesn't bother me. Got a nice $4 matte black snap c case on eBay.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The g2 looks like an awesome phone. But I'm getting the note3 with Sprint's one up program.

I would get the g2 but I will have to pay a down payment on the g2. I won't on the note. The promotion ends on the 10th

Posted via Android Central App

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you not use a case on your phone's? I always put one on just for extra protection, which is why the look of the phone doesn't bother me. Got a nice $4 matte black snap c case on eBay.

I haven't dropped a phone in years...so nope, no case!

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with auto brightness. I've seen 5 G2's do it, there's a YouTube video now, and multiple folks in multiple forums are discussing it. The likeliehood of it being on ALL 5 and not yours is...unlikely. But whatever, glad you don't notice it.

Is your auto brightness turned on or off when you lower the screen to the 20% or lower setting? I wonder if the auto brightness is trying to override the much lower manually set screen brightness setting and this is where the conflict is arising....Just a thought.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of that phone...it is the perfect size... Not 6 like the note 3..my note 2 is feeling large.. 5.2 is perfect.
I'm trying out the one and I have time than may try the g2...idk but that and the one are the 2 phones I've been looking at.
The note 3 I would enjoy cause the note 2 worked so well for me.. But Want smaller and a separate tablet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

sergi40

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I trust the reviews of people who come from apple, because I'm still waiting for the open, custom android experience that can be as snappy, clean, and to the point as iOS.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Why are you guys judging me for how I use a phone, LOL!?

One of the things I liked most about the G2 was that the backlight would go so much lower than my Note 2. This made reading in bed so much more pleasant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome