LG G2 on today's Android Central Podcast

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd let you guys know (if you didn't watch it) the G2 was talked about for a good bit on AC's Podcast today. The views were fairly consistent with what's been buzzing around about the device. Great internal hardware, but poor software and questionable button placement. Andrew said it's the best smartphone camera he's ever used. Even Jerry had good things to say about the device itself which is saying something. But overall, what I took away from it was still a kind of a "meh I dunno ... I could take it or leave it".

It seems many of the industry guys just can't get over the buttons. Which I just find strange as it is so unimportant to me and actually have grown to really like not having buttons on the sides. I also find the software to be just fine, and I prefer it to every other UI I've used other than straight AOSP. But my views certainly don't apply to everyone. I have to wonder though if the other owners who absolutely love the G2 like myself have similar feelings about the "questionables" about the device.

Anyhoo, check it out if you get the chance (podcast #151) and hear the guys yap about it a bit. Discussion on the G2 starts at about the 22 minute mark.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
^totally agree...

The G2 serves me well. I find it to be the most perfect balance of what I wanted and needed in a phone. Great hardware - fast processor, plenty of ram, sufficient storage, incredible screen, big battery and yes I actually prefer the button placement on the back. Even though the button placement is rendered moot by the very handy Knock On / Off feature. The stock UI is absolutely one of the best out of the box experiences for me. No stuttering or lag and has enough customizable features included where I don't have any desire to get a third party launcher. You can change several animations - shut down style, screen scroll, unlock animation and even change icons and their size. Pretty nice feature set for a stock launcher. I also like the added software features LG put into the stock UI such as Q Slide apps, the Answer Me function, Capture Plus, Quick clip tray and the list goes on. These are all things I use frequently and actually have some real world use for not gimmicks like some other manufacturers throw into their systems. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. I think LG hit it out of the park with this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci