1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android system battery drain!!!

In my battery stats the Android system is using almost half my battery all the time. Anyone know any apps that could be doing this or anyone else running into the same problem?

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Android system battery drain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aydemirilker View Post
    In my battery stats the Android system is using almost half my battery all the time. Anyone know any apps that could be doing this or anyone else running into the same problem?

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    I had that in the beginning. I ended up turning off a bunch of google settings that tracks location. It got better, then sucked again. I did a factory reset 5 days ago and battery life is great. I went 30+ hours with 6 hrs screen time.

It'd be helpful if you could post some screenshots of your battery stats screens. Just because Android System is responsible for 50% of battery use doesn't necessarily mean it's using too much battery--for example, if you're not using much screen time (which is typically the biggest power drain), then other processes that would normally make up a lower proportion of the battery drain are now responsible for a higher proportion. But if your battery life is still normal, then it doesn't really matter.

So see if you can give us info on what your total battery life is like, and your screen-on time.

In the meantime, check out some of these tips: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
    Thanked by:

great comment,

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It'd be helpful if you could post some screenshots of your battery stats screens. Just because Android System is responsible for 50% of battery use doesn't necessarily mean it's using too much battery--for example, if you're not using much screen time (which is typically the biggest power drain), then other processes that would normally make up a lower proportion of the battery drain are now responsible for a higher proportion. But if your battery life is still normal, then it doesn't really matter.

So see if you can give us info on what your total battery life is like, and your screen-on time.

In the meantime, check out some of these tips: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kollarism View Post
    I had that in the beginning. I ended up turning off a bunch of google settings that tracks location. It got better, then sucked again. I did a factory reset 5 days ago and battery life is great. I went 30+ hours with 6 hrs screen time.
    When you say you did a factory reset, do you just mean the "factory data reset" you can do from the settings menu?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Don't worry it's just the NSA listening in on your life. Lol jk I had the same thing happen on my old N7, Android System would have a keep awake of like 16 of the 24 hours the charge lasted. My gut tells me it's that new motion API that tries to tell if you are walking, driving etc cuz it happened right after that big update to play services, I had to master reset to fix.

yes. only had to do it that one time. battery life has been excellent since.

Same here. Wakelock detector is telling me the process is WifiOffDelayifNotUsed on mine. I'm not exactly sure if there's a setting for it but it doesn't seem to draining for me. If you're rooted, install greenify and hibernate all apps you barely use and you'll see a vast improvement in batter life. I've been on the charger since 7:30AM. Its 5:30pm and my batter is at 84% and I've been texting, RSS feeds and reading emails all day.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Since this is the #1 hit on Google for Android System Battery Drain, thought I'd share the solution I found elsewhere. Very simple, just disable Auto Backup (of photos) in Google+.

After sitting in my pocket with basically no use for 8 hours now my phone battery is at 93% instead of 65%, and Android OS is second in battery use to "Phone Idle" instead of being first by a large margin.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I wonder if support in 4.3 will fix this?

But of course I would like 4.4...

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    I wonder if support in 4.3 will fix this?

But of course I would like 4.4...
    Why would trim fix this?

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

What settings should i turn off? I hear once a month you should drain battery to zero and charge to 100 percent while phone is off. Any truth to this? Should i do factory reset? Will i lose anything?
    Last edited by Josh1303; 01-06-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1303 View Post
    What settings should i turn off? I hear once a month you should drain battery to zero and charge to 100 percent while phone is off. Any truth to this? Should i do factory reset? Will i lose anything?
    Well i guess it can't do any harm. The draining of the battery once very 30 cycles is meant to re-calibrate the battery meter because it can become more and more inaccurate over time. Charging whilst the phone is probably done to keep the battery temperature as low as possible (within safe limits that is. And no, defo don't put it in the fridge because you'll ruin it ).
    The worst thing for a battery is heat or extreme cold
    Last edited by RobotHeaven; 01-06-2014 at 09:35 PM.